The City of Bozeman supports responsible pet ownership.
The benefits of having a pet can be good for both your mental and physical well being. If you have a dog as a pet, you will most likely be taking that dog for walks and that will give you some exercise.
Taking care of a pet is not always an easy task. As a pet owner you must provide food, water, health care, training, proper exercise, and clean up after the pet. You are taking care of another life. Even though they are not human, they deserve to be taken care of and treated properly.
- Sec. 8.02.020. - Dog and cat licenses—Requirements generally; fee; expiration.
- Sec. 8.02.030. - Same—Exemptions from article applicability.
- Sec. 8.02.040. - Licenses; issuance and registration conditions; tag requirements.
- Sec. 8.02.050. - Kennel licensing requirements; limit on number of cats and dogs kept.
- Sec. 8.02.060. - Keeping of exotic or wild animals.
- Sec. 8.02.070. - Keeping of chickens (gallus gallus domesticus).
- Sec. 8.02.080. - Restraint and confinement.
- Sec. 8.02.090. - Rabies prevention requirements; tag.
- Sec. 8.02.110. - Rabies prevention requirements; physician and veterinarian responsibilities.
- Sec. 8.02.120. - Nuisance animals prohibited; complaints.
- Sec. 8.02.130. - Impoundment—Authorized when; records required.
- Sec. 8.02.140. - Same—Notice to owner; redemption conditions.
- Sec. 8.02.150. - Same—Disposition of unredeemed animals.
- Sec. 8.02.160. - Cleaning up after animals.
- Sec. 8.02.170. - Enforcement; animal control officer authority.