The Water Treatment Plant provides the citizens of Bozeman with a safe and dependable drinking water supply. The City of Bozeman has been supplying water to city residents since 1889.
For quality assurance, Water Treatment Plant division employees conduct water quality sampling and testing schedule at the plants and in the distribution system. Water Plant employees also are responsible for the care and maintenance of the three finished water storage tanks.
- Distribution System Water Quality Samples Taken per year: 4000+
- Water Quality Tests performed per year: 20,000+
- Employees: ten certified Water Treatment Plant Operators
- Sourdough drainage 33 square miles
- Hyalite drainage 51 square miles
- Lyman Spring recharge area 13 square miles