SPRINKLER SYSTEM ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
1. Pre-approval is only required for a rebate on a smart controller and/or more than 10 MSMT or H2O Chip nozzles (not applicable to new construction).
- Pre-approval can come from a City of Bozeman Approved Provider, City Water Conservation Division sprinkler system assessment or a completed DIY Sprinkler System Check-Up Form.
- Go to bozemanwater.com for a DIY Sprinkler System Check-Up Form and a list of Approved Providers.
- Call 406-582-3220 to schedule a free sprinkler system assessment.
- If conducting a DIY sprinkler system check-up, the DIY Sprinkler System Check-Up Form must be completed and sent to the City's Water Conservation Division for pre-approval before the applicant begins the proposed project. Information may be verified by Water Conservation Division staff during a site inspection.
2. The system to be upgraded/retrofitted must be in good working order, free from leaks and malfunctions. Once the rebated products are installed, the system must not create run-off, overspray or misting.
3. Sprinkler system must have a properly installed and functioning backflow prevention device in order to qualify for rebates.
PROJECT AND PRODUCT ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
Weather-based Irrigation Controllers, Rain Sensors, and H2O Chip and MSMT Nozzles:
1. Weather based irrigation controllers must be WaterSense® labeled. Some controllers require additional components, such as a rain sensor, solar sensor and/or wifi module in order to be considered WaterSense® labeled. In order to receive a rebate for these controllers, all required components must be installed.
2. Controllers must be programmed with accurate landscape and sprinkler system information in order to be of benefit and reduce outdoor water use. Contact the City's Water Conservation Division if you are interested in a site assessment to identify accurate landscape and sprinkler system information for programming.
3. If applying for a rebate for MSMT and/or H2O Chip nozzles, the entire zone must have nozzles with matched precipitation rates.
Drip Irrigation Equipment:
1. Each zone converted to drip irrigation must have drip valve with filtration and pressure regulation and must be connected to timer/ controller. Proof of installation of the drip valve with pressure regulation and filtration is required.
2. Qualifying drip irrigation products include: 1/2" or greater drip tubing, 1/2" or greater in-line drip tubing, drip zone valve with filtration and pressure regulation, and emitters.
3. Microsprays, microjets, soaker hoses, drip conversion kits (without pressure regulation and filtration), bubblers, fittings, 1/4" tubing, stakes and other accessories do not qualify for a drip irrigation rebate. 4. When using a weather based irrigation controller with drip irrigation, the output rate for that zone must be set to DRIP.
Drought Tolerant Plants:
1. Qualifying drought tolerant plants can be found in the 2020 Water Smart Planting Guide, or on the Water Wise Resources page after clicking the Water Conservation button at bozemanwater.com. Applicant must spend at least $100 on qualifying plants to receive a rebate. A maximum rebate of $200 applies per installation address.
2. Plants must be installed in place of well-watered landscaping requiring more water, such as high water use shrubs and turfgrass.
3. Photos of the project area taken before and after installation are required.
4. Proof of qualifying plants must accompany this rebate application. Proof may take the form of an invoice/receipt with plant species specified or plant tags including the name of the plants purchased and installed. If the purchase receipt does not specify plant species, Applicant may submit a completed Drought Tolerant Plant Rebate Shopping List to serve as proof of qualifying species. This list can be found at bozemanwater.com or at local nurseries and suppliers.