PLEASE NOTE - For Sprinkler System Product Rebate Applicants:
Pre-approval is required for a rebate on a weather-based ('smart') controller AND more than 10 MSMT nozzles. Approval can come from a City of Bozeman Approved Provider, a DIY Sprinkler System Check-Up form, or a free sprinkler system assessment.
- If an Approved Provider assessed and retrofitted your sprinkler system, simply upload the invoice from the Approved Provider to serve as proof of service and rebate eligibility.
- If you completed a DIY Sprinkler System Check-Up, you must submit the form to the Water Conservation Division for review prior to applying for a rebate. Water Conservation Division staff may verify the information during a site inspection, and staff must approve the submitted form before a project begins.
Sprinkler System Eligibility:
1. The system to be retrofitted (or which has just been installed) must be in good working order - free from leaks and malfunctions. Once the rebated retrofits to a sprinkler system are installed, the system must not create run-off, overspray or misting.
2. The sprinkler system must have a properly installed and functioning backflow prevention device in order to qualify for rebates.
Sprinkler Product Eligibility:
1. All sprinkler system products must be purchased new in order to qualify for a rebate.
2. Weather-based ('smart') irrigation controllers must be WaterSense® labeled; click here to search for certified products. Some controllers require additional components, such as a rain sensor, solar sensor and/or wifi module in order to be considered WaterSense® labeled. In order to receive a rebate for these controllers, all required components must be installed.
3. If applying for a MSMT nozzle rebate, the entire zone(s) must have MSMT nozzles with matched precipitation rates.