Does your home receive water from the City of Bozeman? If so, upgrade to high efficiency plumbing fixtures, appliances and sprinkler system equipment -- and we’ll reward you with a cash rebate (not to mention lower water bills) for helping conserve water!
Click the drop down menu below to learn about rebates and incentives that are available to all residential customers. Reduce water use by up to 50% when swapping out for high efficiency products!
All qualifying high efficiency products are third party tested and approved to bring you not only water and cost savings, but also quality and performance!
Interested in a new high efficiency showerhead, but don't want to go to the store and submit the rebate application? We'll swap out your showerhead for free and provide you with free faucet aerators!
Own a Business on Bozeman Water too?
Check out our Commercial Incentives page to learn about rebates and incentives available to commercial customers.
You pay for every drop of water that flows through your meter. Saving water can save you money by lowering your monthly water bill.
The City of Bozeman Water Conservation Division offers customers rebates and incentives to help save water by increasing indoor water use efficiency.
Downloadable forms can be found on each of the following pages:
Please simply fill out and submit an online form below:
LANDSCAPE AND SPRINKLER SYSTEM REBATE PROGRAM
This program is designed to encourage residents to install high efficiency sprinkler system products and drought tolerant landscape plants to reduce water use on lawn and landscapes. Rebates are available to residences connected to City of Bozeman water used for outdoor watering for the following products. Rebate amounts not to exceed purchase price.
|WaterSense® Weather Based ('Smart') Irrigation Controller||up to $250||up to $150|
|Multi-Spray Multi-Trajectory (MSMT) & H2O Chip Nozzles||up to $5/nozzle (min. of 5)||up to $3/nozzle (min. of 5)|
|Rain Sensor||up to $50||up to $30|
|Drip Irrigation Equipment||up to $350||not available|
|Drought Tolerant Plants||$200||not available|
Important notes if retrofitting with a 'Smart' Controller and MSMT and H2O Chip Nozzles
Controllers must be WaterSense® labeled. Some controllers require additional components, such as a rain sensor, solar sensor and/or wifi module in order to be considered WaterSense® labeled. In order to receive a rebate for these controllers, all required components must be installed.
If you are seeking a rebate for a WaterSense® labeled weather-based ('smart') irrigation controller AND more than 10 MSMT and/or H2O Chip nozzles, pre-approval is required (not applicable for "new construction").
This may be accomplished in three ways:
- Working with an Approved Provider (click on the link for a list of contractors)
- Submitting a completed DIY Sprinkler System Check-up Form
- Having City staff complete a sprinkler system assessment
The DIY check-up form must be submitted to the Water Conservation Division for approval before beginning a project.
Review the Outdoor Irrigation Rebate Product List for a list of qualifying irrigation system components.
Important notes and links if installing Drought Tolerant Plants
Qualifying plants can be found on the City's 2020 Drought Tolerant Plant List. Only plants included on this list qualify for a rebate.
Proof of qualifying plant species is required. Proof may take the form of an invoice/receipt with plant species specified or plant tags including the name of the plants purchased and installed. If purchase receipt does not specify plant species, Applicant may submit a completed Drought Tolerant Plant Rebate Shopping List to serve as proof as qualifying species.
Downloadable PDF form: Landscape and Sprinkler System Rebate Application
Online form: LANDSCAPE AND SPRINKLER SYSTEM REBATE PROGRAM
Interested in a free sprinkler system assessment?
Call us at 406-582-3220 to schedule an assessment and receive a customized watering schedule. We can also help you with the approval process for a rebate on a 'smart' controller and more than 10 MSMT and/or H2O Chip nozzles.
How is "New Construction" defined for a sprinkler system?A project in which an irrigation system does not currently exist.
How is "New Construction" defined for drip irrigation and drought tolerant plants?A new home build without existing landscaping (e.g. trees, shrubs, turf, and perennials).
Am I Eligible For a Rebate?
- Applicants must own the property to be eligible.
- Once you have installed a new system, or converted all pre-existing sprinkler products, you can no longer apply for a rebate on qualifying products (i.e. high-efficiency products may not be rebated to replace previously retrofitted and rebated high-efficiency products).
- Applicants are limited to one drought tolerant plant rebate, per residence, per year.
Is My Sprinkler System Eligible?
- The system to be retrofitted must be in good working order (free from leaks and malfunctions). Once the rebated retrofits to the sprinkler system are installed, the system must not produce run-off, over-spray or misting.
- Sprinkler systems must have a properly installed, functioning back-flow prevention device in order to qualify for rebate.
Are There Retrofit Requirements?
- If applying for a rebate for H2O Chip and MSMT nozzles, the entire zone must have H2O Chip and/or MSMT nozzles with matched precipitation rates (the amount of water that a nozzle sprays onto the landscape in a given amount of time - generally expressed as inches/hour).
- If installing/converting a zone to drip irrigation, the zone must have a drip valve with filtration and pressure regulation that is connected to a timer/central controller.
- When using a weather based irrigation controller with drip irrigation, the output rate for that zone must be set to DRIP.
Drought tolerant plants must be installed in place of landscaping that requires more water, such as high water use shrubs and turfgrass.
Which Products Are Eligible?
- All sprinkler system products must be purchased new in order to qualify for a rebate.
- For controllers: Weather-based ('smart') irrigation controllers must be WaterSense® labeled. Click on the link to browse qualifying products.
- All H20 Chip and MSMT nozzles.
- For drip equipment: 1/2" (diameter) or greater drip tubing, 1/2" (diameter) or greater in-line (emitter) drip tubing, and emitters, valves, filters and pressure regulators.
- NOTE: Micro-sprays (misters), micro-jets, drip conversion kits (without pressure regulation and filtration), bubblers, fittings and drip tubing smaller than 1/2" in diameter do NOT qualify for a drip irrigation rebate.
- Qualifying drought tolerant plants can be found on the 2020 Drought Tolerant and Water Smart Planting List (see link above). A flat $200 rebate will be issued for the purchase(s) of qualifying plants. Applicants must spend at least $200 on qualifying plants to receive a rebate. This may be done with one or several receipts (within the same year).
- Proof may take the form of an invoice with plant species specified or plant tags which include the name of the plants purchased and installed. If the receipt does not specify plant species purchased, applicants may submit a completed Drought Tolerant Plant Rebate Shopping List to serve as proof of qualifying species. Photos of the plants installed are also required.