Program Instructions, Limitations and Terms
Please read the following carefully. Applications can be submitted online or mailed to the address below. Devices must be installed prior to submitting an application. For more information about the City of Bozeman's Toilet Rebate Program or for questions about your rebate application, please contact the Water Conservation Division at Ph.(406) 582- 2280.
- A maximum rebate of $250 applies per installation address.
- The rebate amounts listed are applicable only to WaterSense® labeled high-efficiency toilets (HETs). Toilets being replaced must have been installed prior to December 31, 1996 to qualify for the $125 rebate. Toilets installed after December 31, 1996 qualify for the $50 rebate.
- New construction is eligible for a $50 rebate per installed HET with a maximum benefit of $250 per building.
- Tenants must submit an owner-authorized letter.
- Only toilets connected to the City of Bozeman public water supply are eligible for rebates.
- Old toilets can not be reused. Applicants agree to destroy or disable their old toilets.
- Installation of toilets is the sole responsibility of the Applicant.
- The toilets must be installed at the installation address listed.
- A copy of the sales receipt is to be attached to this application. Receipts must include the make and model of the toilet(s) purchased. The purchased toilet model number(s) must match exactly the WaterSense® list to qualify for a rebate. Mixing and matching of tanks and bowls from this list is not permitted.
- The effective date of the Bozeman Toilet Rebate Program is March 18, 2008. Rebates for toilets purchased and installed installed prior to March 18, 2008 will not be given.
- Applications will be processed in the order they are received.
- Incomplete applications could be denied and returned to Applicant or result in a delay of the approval of the rebate.
- Limited funding is available to issue rebates. Rebates will be issued on a first-come, first served basis through June 30, 2017. The City cannot guarantee that submittal of a rebate application will result in issuance of a rebate check. The Bozeman Toilet Rebate Program is subject to change or cancellation without notice.
- A rebate check will be mailed within thirty (30) days of receipt provided the application is complete and funding is available.
- Commercial customers interested in bulk retrofit projects that exceed maximum rebate amounts must submit a proposal and obtain authorization prior to installation of any fixtures. No rebates will be given for work already completed without proper authorization. Please contact the Water Conservation Division for more information.
Important! Please Read Carefully!
- The City reserves the right to do an on-site inspection to verify installation of the toilet(s) rebated through this program. Access to the rebated toilet(s) must be provided at the time of inspection. If toilet installations cannot be verified, the payee will reimburse the City for the rebate funds received.
- Proof of installation must accompany this application. Proof may take the form of an invoice from a certified plumber or a photo of the toilet after installation. Applications without proof of installation will not be considered for a rebate.
- The City may contact Applicant by phone or in writing to verify information provided for in the application and/or to schedule an inspection. Any inspection shall occur during regular business hours.
The City makes no representation or warranty regarding the toilets eligible for rebate under the Bozeman Toilet Rebate Program. By participating in the program you waive and release the City from any and all claims and causes of action arising out of the purchase, installation, or use of the toilets purchased in connection with the rebate program. Any claim you may have based upon any defect or failure of performance of a toilet purchased should be pursued with the manufacturer/distributor. City verification inspections are not a certification, warranty, or other approval with respect to the Applicant's compliance with applicable laws, ordinances and building codes.
City of Bozeman
Water Conservation Division
PO Box 1230
Bozeman, MT 59771