What factors influence the City of Bozeman Drought Meter?
City of Bozeman drought monitoring evaluates local water supply data, such as Hyalite Reservoir volume, streamflow, and snowpack - as well as national climate indices, to evaluate Bozeman’s drought stage. Look for the Drought Meter on the weather page in the Friday edition of the Bozeman Daily Chronicle.
Curious how the rest of the state is doing? Check out the U.S. Drought Monitor to learn more.
Drought Management FAQs - Click on a question to see the answer
How would drought impact life in Gallatin Valley specifically?
Bozeman is located within the Gallatin River watershed, whose water supply availability is driven by mostly snowpack. Check out this Interactive Gallatin River Watershed Drought Poster for more information.
- Interactive Gallatin River Watershed Drought Poster
- 2017 City of Bozeman Drought Management Plan
- 2017 Montana Climate Assessment
- 2017 Drought Tolerant Plant Guide Lists
- 2015 Montana State Water Plan
- 2013 IWRP Implementation Plan
- 2013 Integrated Water Resources Plan
- Bozeman Drought Stages
- Complete Drought Tolerant Plant Shopping List