Print
Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

Outdoor Rebate Program Update, 6/19/2020:

The City now offers a minimum $100, and maximum $200 rebate for the installation for drought tolerant plants.  This change is effective immediately and is meant to provide more options and flexibility for those looking to take on smaller projects.  For more information, click on the Residential Incentives or Commercial Incentives option on the left menu. 

Free Water Challenges and Activities for Kids!

Reduce your water use and pump up the family fun with these habit-honing family activities. Challenge your family to shorten their showers, brush better, and reduce your indoor water use!

Put your water smarts to the test and check-out the Can-Do Sprinkler TestBrush Better Family Challenge and Shower Better Challenge! Every Drop Counts!

Then, take the next step in being a water smart Bozeman kid by learning about Bozeman's water supply and snowpack while playing fun games with the Snow Science Activity!

Kids Activity WebsiteBanner 300x250_Water Science

 

 


 

Perched at the headwaters of the Missouri River Basin, Bozeman enjoys extremely high-quality water, almost straight from the source.

   
2017 COB WC Drought Icons BLUE-01 (Custom) Although our water is high quality, quantity is limited.  With only 16 inches of average precipitation annually, Bozeman's considered semi-arid and drought-prone. 

2017 COB WC Drought Icons BLUE-02 (Custom)

Bozeman relies on snowpack for its water supply. 80% of our city's water comes from snowmelt in the Gallatin Range which feeds Sourdough Creek and Hyalite Reservoir. The other 20% comes from a developed spring at the headwaters of Lyman Creek. 
2017 COB WC Drought Icons BLUE-03 (Custom) But, with shifting climate patterns, our water supplies are likely to become less reliable. In the future, more moisture is expected to arrive as rain instead of snow. On top of that, warmer temperatures will lead to earlier peak flows and drier summers. 
2017 COB WC Drought Icons BLUE-04 (Custom) Plus, Bozeman is booming; growing at a rate far above the national average. More people will need more water, and eventually these supplies won't be enough.
2017 COB WC Drought Icons BLUE-05 (Custom) In fact, Bozeman could be facing a water shortage in the next 20 years. The City has identified water conservation as the single largest source of water for Bozeman's future.
2017 COB WC Drought Icons BLUE-06 (Custom) Water conservation creates additional supplies by reducing water used in and around homes and businesses.
2017 COB WC Drought Icons BLUE-07 (Custom) It's the cheapest, most expedient and environmentally friendly way to thrive through drought, and to ensure a reliable water supply for the future.

Free viewers are required for some of the attached documents.
They can be downloaded by clicking on the icons below.

Acrobat Reader Download Acrobat Reader Flash Player Download Flash Player Windows Media Player Download Windows Media Player Microsoft Silverlight Download Microsoft Silverlight Word Viewer Download Word Viewer Excel Viewer Download Excel Viewer PowerPoint Viewer Download PowerPoint Viewer