Welcome to the Bozeman Street Report website
Through this page you can find information about long-term street construction and closures around town during these summer months!
How do you find out which streets, sidewalks and trails are impacted, and when?
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook @BZNStreetReport
- Listen for our updated weekly radio spots on local radio stations.
- Watch Montana This Morning or visit KBZK.com.
- See below for a list of long-term street projects or download a copy of the PDF version. Each project includes an outline of the reason for the project, timeline, who is responsible (city, MDT, private developer, etc.), and contact number to call for more detailed information.
A few notes:
- We will report on projects, closures, and detours that we are aware of. This website is not updated daily (in real time), but we will do our best to keep Facebook and Twitter updated daily.
- Main Street, Rouse, North 19th, and North 7th are state roadways and are maintained by the Montana Department of Transportation. We will include closures and detours for those streets as information is available to us.
- Some projects by private developers, Northwestern Energy, or other entities may not be reported to us and therefore are not included in our street reports.
Street Construction Safety Tips
- Slow down in construction zones and obey posted speed limits
- Watch for signs and flaggers
- Plan ahead for possible delays
- Consider alternative routes
Latest Street Report Update (check below):
Project: Cottonwood Road from Babcock to
Durston. Installation of the east half of the road, trunk
sewer main, signal at Babcock and Cottonwood, and
modification of signal at Durston and Cottonwood.
Project Location: Cottonwood from Babcock
Est. Start/Finish Date: Project advertised to
bid April 21, 2019 with bid opening May 14, 2019, 6
month construction duration once started.
Project: Durston Road from Flanders Mill to
Fowler. Widening/reconstruction of existing roadway.
Installation of a roundabout at Ferguson/Durston.
*Yellowstone Avenue will be closed through Friday, November 8 for paving.
Project Location: Durston from Flanders Mill
Est. Start/Finish Date: Project anticipated to
be advertised for bid May 5 with bid opening 3 weeks
after advertisement for bid, 6 month construction
duration once started.
Project: 3rd and Graf Intersection Improvements.
Installation of roundabout and HAWK signal at the
Project Location: 3rd and Graf
Est. Start/Finish Date: Project plans
currently being reviewed by Montana Department of
Transportation. Bid date unknown at present. 6 month
construction duration once started.
Project: 27th and Oak Intersection Improvements.
Installation of signal and widening of the east leg of
Project Location: Oak and 27th Intersection
Est. Start/Finish Date: Easement acquisition is
the time limiting step as easements are still needed to
construct this project. Project not yet bid. 1-3 month
duration once started.
Access full size Street Report Application