Open Container Waiver

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

Open container waivers are required for any event where alcohol will be consumed on public property, property generally open to the public, or for events on public or private property that require a public assembly or parade permit.

Applications must be submitted at least 15 working days before the event. This allows staff time to review the application and it also allows the applicant time to comply with any conditions placed on the application. In addition, applications will not be accepted more than 180 days before the event. 

You can contact the City Public Works Department at 406-582-2273 if you have any questions. 

Helpful Links

Alcohol Policy

Open Container Waiver Application 

Example Insurance Certificate

Example Insurance Endorsement Page

MMIA Authorized Special Event Insurance Agencies

Montana Department of Revenue Alcohol Education and Training

What does an open container waiver allow me to do?
What is the fee for an open container waiver?
What type of insurance is required to get an open container waiver?
Where do I go for responsible beverage server training?
Do I need a permit to have alcohol at an event in a park?
Where can I submit my application?