The Bozeman Police Department posts on-going lists of unclaimed property that we have in our possession. The property is listed in the links below as Bozeman Police Unclaimed Bicycle Report and Unclaimed Property. Per City of Bozeman Resolution Number 5100, if the property remains unclaimed for a period of four (4) months from the date of initial posting, it will be destroyed, returned to the finder, donated, converted to law enforcement use or sold at public auction to the highest bidder.
If you are missing property and you suspect any of the property on these lists may be yours, please contact us. For Unclaimed Bicycles, call 406-582-2967. For all other property contact our Evidence Technician between the hours of 8:00 am and 4:00 pm Monday – Friday at 406-582-2236 or contact them via email.
Schedule for Disposal
Preventive Property Loss
What can you do to prevent property loss?
- Lock your home, garage or vehicles left unattended.
- Never leave valuable in plain sight in your home or vehicle.
- Don't tell strangers your daily routine.
- Be cautious about posting vacation plans or updates on social media. People can use this information to tell when you are away.
- Inventory, photograph, and record the serial numbers of any valuable property.