Basic Police Mountain Bike Class A Course
The Bozeman Police Department and Montana State University Police will be co-hosting LEBA's nationally recognized Basic Police Mountain Bike Course.
This four day course is scheduled for June 25-June 28, 2019 in scenic Bozeman, Montana. This course will challenge the student both physically and mentally.
This class will stress teamwork and overcoming obstacles. Training rides will be conducted daily and you must be able to complete rides from 20 to 35 miles maintaining a 12-14 mph pace. Cone drill techniques must be completed to the satisfaction of the instructors and written examination must be passed with an 80% or higher score.
32 Hours POST Credit
Dates/Times: June 25-June 28, 2019. 8 AM to 5 PM daily
Location: Gallatin County Emergency Operations Center (EOC). 219 E. Tamarack St., Bozeman, MT 59715
Organizer: Officer James Lusby, email@example.com or (406)582-2000 extension: 7178
Please see full LEBA flyer for more information.
New Fire/Arson Investigator Academy
The Bozeman Police Department and the Gallatin County Sheriff's Office will be co-hosting a 2.5 day New Fire/Arson Investigator Academy.
Fire investigations is the process of obtaining facts about a fire to bring you to the conclusion—the Origin of the Fire and Cause. Fire investigation– is the process of determining the origin, cause and development of a fire or explosion. This two and a half day introduction class will provide you with the basic tools and knowledge to help you obtain true facts about any fire investigation. This is an entry level class for new personnel entering into fire investigation.
· In this course of instruction you will receive the necessary tools and knowledge to assist you in obtaining the facts about fires.
· Fire investigation is the process of obtaining facts about a fire/explosion to bring you to a correct conclusion to the origin & cause of the event.
· Supposition, misinformation and false intuition will lead to false and inaccurate conclusions.
· This class is not intended to make you a “certified” fire investigator.
· This class is intended to start you into the “never ending” fire investigation world.
Class size limited to 40 students
20 Hours POST certified
Room reservations can be made online at the Springhill Suites, Bozeman.
Location: Gallatin County Detention Center- Community Room 605 S. 16th Ave., Bozeman, MT
Time: September 4, 2019 8am (Wednesday) – September 6, 2019 Noon (Friday)
Organizer: Detective Sergeant Joseph Swanson firstname.lastname@example.org or 406-582-2951