Operations Update During COVID-19
- Community Development is open 8 AM until 5 PM
- Some of our staff will continue to work remotely. Please email zoning questions to PlanningTech@bozeman.net and you will receive a response from a Planner.
- Special Temporary Use Permit (STUP) fees are waived to support small businesses to allow more flexibility for special events or seating outdoors per .
- For other updates on City services and closures city-wide visit Bozeman's COVID-19 page
Digital Development Review Application Submittal - Please visit Development Review Procedures During COVID 19
Before You Apply
There are a couple of steps you can take prior to filling out an application:
- Locate the property on Bozeman's Community Development Map Viewer. Instructions on how to use the map are available on the Project Information Portal page.
- Determine if your project is permitted per Bozeman's Zoning Districts and Land Uses..
- Review the Community Development Brochure(s) to help you understand the Development Review Process and determine which Development Applications you may need.
- Once you have determined that the project is permitted in your zone, please see below for checklists and forms, or visit the Sign Applications page for the appropriate forms for your project.
- Check our main page under "Services During Specific Hours" to see whether your application should be submitted during Small Project Drop Off or whether it requires a Completeness Review.
Completing the Development Review Application (A1)
Nearly all applications require the Development Review Application (A1) as it acts as a cover sheet with contact information. The Development Review Application form (A1) includes two new fillable image fields that you must provide images for:
- The project image field is an image of your choosing that best represents the project. This could be a front elevation, a colored perspective of the building, a preliminary plat layout or site plan.
- The vicinity map field shows the project location and the larger vicinity around the project site with the street names identified so that your site can be shown in relation to the neighborhood that it is located in.
To upload images click into the image field and a dialogue box will open for you.
Call the Planning Division at (406) 582-2260, Option #5 or Email email@example.com with questions regarding the application process.
New Forms! Site Plan (SP), Concept Review (CONR), and Informal Review (INF) have all been updated as of June, 2020.
Amendment Applications and Checklists
General Application Materials
- Administrative Project Decision Appeal (APA)
- Affordable Housing Plan (AH)
- Conceptual Review (CONR)
- Development Review Application (A1) & COVID Acknowledgement (CVA)
- Extension to Approved Plan (EXT)
- Improvements Agreement (IA)
- Improvements Agreement Security Reduction or Release (SRR)
- Informal Review Checklist (INF)
- Noticing Materials & Posting Instructions (N1)
- Plans and Specifications (PLS)
- Revision and Correction (RC)
Subdivision Applications and Checklists
- Condominium Review (CR)
- Preliminary Plat Checklist (PP1)
- PUD Concept Plan (PUDC)
- PUD Final Plan Required Materials (PUDF)
- PUD Preliminary Plan (PUDP)
- Subdivision Exemption (SE)
- Subdivision Final Plat (FP)
- Subdivision Pre-Application Checklist (PA1)
- Subdivision Pre-Application Plan (PA)
- Subdivision Preliminary Plat (PP)
- Subdivision Variance (SVAR)
Zoning Applications and Checklists
- Commercial/Non-Residential Certificate of Appropriateness (CCOA)
- Conditional Use Permit (CUP)
- DEM Demolition Checklist
- Historic Neighborhood Certificate of Appropriateness (NCOA)
- Master Site Plan (MSP)
- Modification/Amendment to Approved Plan (MOD)
- Reasonable Accommodation (RA)
- Site Plan Checklist (SP)
- Special Temporary Use Permit (STUP)
- Special Use Permit (SUP)
- Tax Abatement for Historic Preservation Checklist
- Telecommunications Review Checklist
- Wetland Review Checklist (WR)
- Zoning Verification (ZV)