City of Bozeman | Planning Division

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

We're working to improve the project information available online.

Stay tuned for more information, available Spring of 2019!

maps1 Project Information      

 Project Documents      


Why Bozeman Plans

The Planning Division of Community Development is primarily responsible for furthering the goals of the Bozeman Community Plan (2009) and maintaining the Bozeman Municipal Code in order to:

  • Promote public health and safety
  • Create a functional community that is beautiful, healthful and efficient
  • Balance the desires of the City Commission, Developers and Individuals in the Community
  • Support economic development

Walk-In Services:

  • Planning Division Website Assistance
  • Building Permit Questions
  • Business Licenses including Standard, Mobile Vending and Medical Marijuana
  • Short Term Rental Assistance - Eligibility & Registration Portal Navigation
  • Project File Viewing (for larger requests, please utilize the City Clerk's Record's Request form)
  • Prints or Copies are available at $0.50/page
  • See Below for Project Drop-off Hours and Appointments

Services by Appointment or Specific Hours:

Planner-On-Call Appointments are Currently Unavailable Due to Limited Staff

Please call (406) 582-2260 (option #5) with Planning questions or email

Questions will be routed and answered as soon as possible, but please expect delayed response times.  Thank you for your patience!

Small Project Drop-off 

**Open Hours Mondays & Tuesdays from 2:00 PM until 4:00 PM**

  • Commercial Certificate of Appropriateness (CCOA)
  • Concept Review (CONR)
  • Condominium Review (CR)
  • Extension to Approved Plan (EXT)
  • Improvement Agreement (IA)
  • Informal (INF)
  • Modification to an Approved Plan (MOD)
  • Neighborhood Certificate of Appropriateness (NCOA)
  • Reasonable Accommodation (RA)
  • Security Reduction/Release (SRR)
  • Special Temporary Use Permit (STUP)
  • Special Use Permit (SUP)
  • Subdivision Exemption (SE)
  • Zoning Verification (ZVER)

*For application types not listed, please see Completeness Reviews below*

Completeness Reviews:

Completeness Reviews are 10 Minute Drop-Off Appointments for the application types listed below.  If you have in-depth questions and would like to meet with a Planner, please schedule a Planner-On-Call appointment .

  • Annexation, Regulated Activities in Wetlands (ANNX)
  • Conditional Use Permit (CUP)
  • Growth Policy Amendment (GPA)
  • Master Site Plan (MSP)
  • PUD Concept Plan (PUDC)
  • PUD Preliminary Plan (PUD)
  • PUD Final Plan (PUDF)
  • Site Plan (SP)
  • Subdivision Final Plat (FP)
  • Subdivision Pre-Application (PA)
  • Subdivision Preliminary Plat (PP)
  • Subdivision Variance (SVAR)
  • UDC Text Amendment (ZTA)
  • Zoning Variance (ZVAR)
  • Zone Map Amendment (ZMA)