Currently Bozeman has 2 community garden areas with plots available for the public to rent during the summer.
Langohr Garden has 42 plots and is located on the north side of Mason Street, between Willson Avenue and South Tracy. Adjacent to the gardens is a stretch of the Gallagator Trail. The size of each plot is approximately 20' x 30'. Water spigots are available. The fees for Langohr Gardens are $60 per plot annually with a $60 deposit.
Westlake Garden is located in Westlake Park (North 5th Avenue and West Tamarack Street) and has 21 plots. The plot sizes at Westlake are approximately 13' x 45.5'. Water spigots are available. The fees for Westlake Gardens are $50 per plot annually with a $50 deposit.
Responsibilities of the gardener:
- Use only organic fertilizers, pesticides, and herbicides.
- Bear all liability incurred, including but not limited to, the use or misuse of pesticides, herbicides, or other chemicals.
- Remove all silage from the site by sundown on the last Sunday in October, or deposit will be forfeited.
- Do not exceed the boundaries of the garden plot assigned.
- Do not use motor vehicles in the park.
If you had a plot last year:
New season gardening paperwork is generally sent out the end of February with a deadline four weeks out for the returning of the paperwork and fees. If the current gardener does not respond by the deadline, the plot will be offered to the name at the top of the waiting list. You may return your completed forms and fees to:
City of Bozeman Parks and Recreation Dept.
Attn: Garden Plots
P.O. Box 1230,
Bozeman, MT 59771-1230
Story Mill Community Center
600 Bridger Drive
Bozeman., MT 59715
Office Hours: 8:30am-4:30pm
If you are interested in renting a community garden plot, new information about how to get a plot will be mentioned here in the coming months. Questions or concerns please call the Parks and Recreation Department at 406-582-2290.