City of Bozeman Parking Portal:
To access your City of Bozeman customer parking account visit the Bozeman Parking Portal
Public Parking Facilities:
The Bridger Downtown Parking Garage and all surface lots have monthly parking permits available for sale. ALL parking permits are governed by the Parking Permit Policy 2019
The Parking Division manages the following public parking facilities:
- Parking Garage
- Bridger Park Downtown Garage (26 E. Mendenhall)
- Off-Street Lots
- Rouse Lot (315 E. Babcock Street)
- Black Lot (106 E. Mendenhall Street)
- Willson Lot North (41 W. Mendenhall Street, next to 5 West office building)
- Willson Lot South (24 N. Willson Avenue, CURRENTLY CLOSED)
Downtown Parking Rates:
- On-Street - Limited to two hours of FREE parking; after 2 hours, in the same place, parking citation is issued.
- Garage Hourly Rates - First 2 hours are FREE - $1/hour thereafter
- Surface Lot Monthly Rates - $50
- Garage Monthly Rates - $70 Regular - $80 basement
- 10% Discount for annual permits
Common Parking Questions
On-street parking and city lots are convenient spaces for folks doing business in downtown Bozeman. That's why we limit the time for free parking during the business day. In 2003, the Bozeman City Commission adopted a new law to prevent someone from moving their vehicle within the same block or parking lot to avoid the time limit. Moving your vehicle within the same 'block face' - same side and same block of street - to avoid the 2 hour limit, or leaving to return to the same block face or lot within 3 hours, may result in an overtime parking fine. (Section 36.04.260 Bozeman Municipal Code)
Contractors, moving companies, service vendors, and other entities may need to park in the downtown area, on-street, in excess of the two hour time limit, in order to complete a job or service. For these situations, the City of Bozeman offers a TEMPORARY ON STREET PARKING PERMIT for $20 per day (for each 24 feet of parking space). Limit one permit per job site.
The City of Bozeman requires that all vehicles parked on city streets move every 72 hours . This is necessary to be sure that the public streets are being used for appropriate parking, not the long term storage of vehicles, campers, etc. The Parking Services Division enforces this regulation with a $30 citation. After the issuance of two (2) consecutive citations, over a seven day period, a towing service will be called to remove the vehicle. For more information on "72 hour" violations contact Ed Meece, Parking Program Manager.
The Bozeman Parking Commission has created two new rate packages for hourly parking in the Bridger Downtown Parking Garage:
- Daily 6 am – 6 pm for $5
- Evening 5 pm – 8 am for $3.