Utility Requests and Waivers

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option


City ordinance requires that utility bills remain in the property owners name.  If you are to be responsible for the utility bill per your rental agreement, the  owner will need to sign a utility waiver allowing us to send the bill to you. 

Please call 406-582-2333 to speak with a clerk. They will check to make sure there is a utility waiver on file for the property you are inquiring about. 

 Property Owners

All City utility accounts must stay in the name of the owner of the property unless it is to be billed under a homeowner or condo association. If you would like a tenant to receive a utility bill, we can send the bill to:

Property Owner's Name, c/o current resident, at the service address.

Either the owner or a property management company must sign the City of Bozeman utility waiver (below). If this form is completed, tenants may receive the bill and make changes such as add or change garbage service.

Garbage and recycling service can only be started for a tenant with verbal permission from the owner or property management company, when a utility waiver is in place or when the tenant completes the Solid Waste Tenant Agreement form and pays the appropriate deposit. When the tenant pays a deposit and completes this form, the garbage and recycling is billed in the tenant's name and the owner is not liable for unpaid garbage and recycling charges. If the tenant gets more than two months in arrears services may be terminated.

Please Note: Unpaid water and sewer charges are ultimately the property owner’s responsibility. It is the owner's or property management company's responsibility to make sure the tenant has paid the bill through their move-out day. Otherwise, the debt may fall on the owner or the next tenant. Please contact us if you need help determining if an account has been paid. 

Utility Forms