Engineering Division Hours
The Engineering Division is open between the hours of 8:00 am and 5:00 pm. The public is asked to stop by the front counter of the Community Development Department on the 2nd floor of the Al Stiff Professional Building at 20 East Olive Street for Engineering assistance.
Sidewalk Repair and Maintenance
Property owners are required to maintain or repair all public sidewalks adjacent to their property.
A sidewalk/driveway application must be submitted to the City Engineer's office prior to constructing or replacing sidewalks in the public right-of-way. Sidewalks must also be inspected prior to pouring. To schedule an inspection, please call 582-2280.
- Sidewalk/Driveway & Curb Cut Application
- Bozeman Municipal Code Sec. 34.06.010
- Sidewalk and Driveway Specifications
- Encroachment Permit (Downloadable PDF)
- Encroachment Permit (Online Form)
- Sidewalk/Driveway & Curb Cut Permit (Downloadable PDF)
- Sidewalk and/or Driveway Curb Cut Permit Application (Online Form)
- Sign Installation or Change Permit (Downloadable PDF)
- Street-Cut Application
- Public Right of Way Utility Occupancy Form
- Utility Occupancy of Right of Way Guidelines
Street Closure Updates
Street Reports - Stay updated on the latest closures, street conditions, and construction reports.