Bozeman is one of the fastest growing micropolitan communities in the United States, Find out more about our robust economy, world class university, thriving international airport, highly educated workforce, and other economic data in the Economic Profile for Gallatin and Park Counties by our partners at Prospera Business Network.
Economic Development Strategy
The City of Bozeman recently updated it's Economic Development Strategy. The plan includes specific actions for strengthening our economic base and our community.
Strong Economic Base
- Increase middle and high wage traded sector employment and diversify the economic base by supporting existing businesses and strategically growing the local supply chain.
- Support local sector businesses with a seamless permitting process and awareness about existing small business programs.
- Invest in infrastructure projects identified on the capital improvement plan (CIP) that the business community needs and wants by leveraging the City’s proactive culture to foster collaboration across departments and commitments to identified projects.
- Protect the outdoor environment by guiding efficient industry site development within the city limits.
- Foster an environmentally and economically sustainable community with an active transportation network (transit networks, bicycle routes, trails, and sidewalks) that employers and employees desire.
- Offset livability costs for citizens with conscious infrastructure and workforce investments that improve access to job opportunities with the understanding that several other stakeholders are focused specifically on affordable housing.