Following is a partial, yet critical, list of rules, regulations, resolutions, and ordinances for the Sunset Hill Cemetery. These restrictions are not in place to inhibit, but rather, help us provide a safe and secure area for both visitors and employees alike.
- No Trespassing in the cemetery after hours of darkness
- Dogs are prohibited inside Sunset Hills Cemetery
- Firearms, weapons, and explosives are prohibited
- No smoking inside public facilities
- Glass for containers/vases is prohibited
- No wire
- Hanging personal mementos/decorations from trees is prohibited
- All headstones must be set in concrete in a manner that allows for a 6 inch concrete border around the headstone. Please contact us for a copy of Resolution # 4022 for a more thorough explanation of monument setting requirements.
- Planting of live flowers is restricted to 6 inches in front and to the sides of a headstone (If lot size allows, larger sized headstones my negate planting on the sides). Planting on the back side of the headstone is prohibited.
- Copings around a grave or series of graves ("family plots") is prohibited
- No fences of any kind are allowed
- Each Fall, usually around mid-October, the staff at Sunset Hills Cemetery conducts a "Fall Clean-up". During this time, staff will remove and discard (with no reimbursement to the owner) all grave decorations that are on the ground and that have not been picked up by family. Notice of this clean-up is given for 2 weeks prior on this web site and in the Bozeman Daily Chronicle. Please keep an eye out for this notification.
Again, this is just a partial list of the rules and regulations. If you have any questions, please call the Cemetery Shop at (406) 582-2904.