The Building Department Code Compliance Division is here to help you!
What We Do
The City of Bozeman has adopted City Codes (laws) specifically designed to address building safety and to maintain a safe environment for all citizens in our community. The City of Bozeman does this by working in partnership with the citizens of Bozeman.
The mission of the Code Compliance Division is to promote and maintain a safe and desirable living and working environment. We help maintain and improve the quality of our community by administering a fair and unbiased enforcement program to correct violations of State and Municipal Codes.
Our goal is to work with residents, neighborhood associations, public service agencies, and other City departments to facilitate voluntary compliance with City codes and ordinances and establish community priorities for enforcement programs.
Questions or Complaints
For information regarding...
- Abandoned vehicles, construction debris on a job site, sidewalk snow removal, nuisance properties, illegal dumping of furniture or trash, fence violations, other issues, contact Bozeman PD at 406-582-2222 or PD Code Compliance.
- Zoning Questions: Information about allowable fence height and locations or other zoning questions, contact Community Development at 406-582-2260 or email at email@example.com.
- Rental Unit Safety Inspections: email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 406-582-2353.
Building Division Information
Do you have questions about our Code Compliance Program or any of the following topics?
- Building code related complaints
- Building permits
- Building code related health and safety
- Change of use and occupancy in existing buildings
Please fill out the form below or contact Building Code Compliance Officer at 406-582-2945 or email email@example.com.