Get Involved! Share Your Ideas!
Sign up today to be on the mailing list for future workshops by contacting Loren Olsen, Affordable Housing Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org.
The 2019 Bozeman Housing Needs Assessment is now available.
Upcoming Community Involvement Meetings
An action planning effort to identify our top Community Housing priorities and design a plan to get housing built for a range of resident and employee housing needs in Bozeman.
The City of Bozeman along with the community and partners, CAHAB, and a Working Group.
Developing a community driven and supported plan that works to substantially increase the provision of quality, affordable housing for residents and local employees (“Community Housing”) over the next 5 to 10 years. Specifically, this Community Housing Action Plan will:
- Address needs identified by the 2019 City of Bozeman Community Housing Needs Assessment;
- Be driven by realistic objectives;
- Develop and prioritize appropriate housing tools and strategies; and
- Identify clear steps and responsibilities for implementation and ACTION.
A process that will incorporate public input with “in the weeds” work from the Housing Working Group. Local officials, stakeholders and concerned residents will make the decisions with a consultant team providing technical assistance and expertise on housing solutions. As such, the Plan will be crafted by the community, ensuring local understanding and ownership for success moving forward!
The schedule below illustrates the Plan process, showing the dates and focus of each meeting, including:
- Two public workshops (one at the beginning to “set the stage” and one near the end to help finalize results), with opportunities to provide input online if you cannot attend
- Five Housing Working Group sessions to get into the nitty-gritty details
- Final plan presentation the end of October
What is the Community Housing Action Plan Working Group and who is in it?
A group of 20+ community stakeholders representing a range of community interests including:
- Bozeman School District
- Bozeman Health
- Human Resource Development Council
- Montana State University
- City Commission
- Community Affordable Housing Advisory Board
- Gallatin Association of Realtors
- Chamber of Commerce
- Southwest Montana Building Industry Association (SWMBIA)
- Bozeman Area Community Foundation
- Gallatin Valley Interfaith Association
- Real estate developers
- Downtown Business Partnership
- Gallatin County Commission
- Property Managers
- Habitat for Humanity
- Prospera Business Network