Building on Success
For more information on Bozeman's historic greenhouse gas emissions and the projected impacts of climate change, please read the City of Bozeman Climate Profile.
Addressing a Changing Climate
Continuing the City's legacy of climate action and progress, the City of Bozeman passed a resolution in 2017 to join the Climate Mayors, a partnership of over 400 United States mayors committing to uphold the goals of the Paris Climate Agreement through local action.
The City established the following objectives to guide development of the Bozeman Climate Plan:
- Align the City's emissions reduction goals in accordance with the Paris Climate Agreement.
- Create an actionable project implementation and policy-making guide.
- Include a diverse group of stakeholders in shaping Bozeman's response to climate change.
For more information on the Bozeman Climate Plan process, please read the project fact sheet. For more information on the existing plans that overlap with the Bozeman Climate Plan, please read the Bozeman Plan Summary.
The Bozeman Climate Plan will only be successful if there is community engagement and support for the solutions identified. Join us for:
- Vision & Goals Community Forum, Wednesday Oct. 23rd, 4:30-6:30 p.m., Story Mill Community Center
- This community-wide event was attended by over 100 community members who provided over 250 comments with input on community climate goals and potential solutions. Dr. Bruce Maxwell (Montana Institute on Ecosystems), Claire Vlases (Bozeman High School), and Commissioner Terry Cunningham (City of Bozeman) presented compelling messages for ambitious climate action.
- Community Forum 1 summary notes
- Community Review Forum, May 2020, date and location TBD
- City Commission Meetings
- December 16, 2019 (Climate Plan Vision and Provisional Goals Resolution)
- July 2020 (Bozeman Climate Plan anticipated final adoption)
- Bozeman Climate Team
- We are engaging a diverse committee of community representatives across industries to help develop the Climate Plan goals and actions.
- Climate Team workshop summary notes and slides, Oct. 22,2019
- Climate Team workshop summary notes, Dec. 18, 2019
- Climate Team workshop slides, Dec. 18, 2019
- Climate Team roster
- 2008 Bozeman Municipal Climate Action Plan
- 2011 Bozeman Community Climate Action Plan
- 2017 Bozeman Community Greenhouse Gas Emissions Report
- 2019 Bozeman Vulnerability Assessment Resiliency Strategy
- 2019 Bozeman Vulnerability Assessment Resiliency Strategy Executive Summary
- City Commission Presentation Vulnerability Assessment Resiliency Strategy
- Bozeman Climate Plan Fact Sheet
- Resolution 4866 Paris Climate Agreement
- Community Forum 1 Summary & Slides
- Bozeman Climate Team Roster
- Climate Team Workshop 1 Summary Slides
- City of Bozeman Climate Profile
- Bozeman Plan Summary