RFQ: Pretreatment Program Professional Engineering On-Call Services
- Department:City Commission, City Clerk, Engineering, Water Treatment, Water Reclamation
- Category:Bids \ RFPs \ RFQs
- Start Date:06/30/2019 6:00 AM
- Close Date:07/18/2019 5:00 PM
REQUEST FOR QUALIFICATIONSfor
City of Bozeman Pretreatment Program Professional Engineering On-Call Services
The City of Bozeman (COB) is seeking Statement of Qualifications (SOQ) from engineering consultants qualified to provide professional services on an on-call basis to provide technical support for the City’s EPA-mandated pretreatment program, a required compliance element of the Water Reclamation Facility (WRF) discharge permit. The COB intends to select a single engineering consultant pursuant to Sec. 18-8-204 Montana Code Annotated (MCA), to perform technical services on an “on-call” basis over a period not to exceed three-years as program support needs or pretreatment projects arise and funding is available. Professional on-call services for the pretreatment program over this period generally include, but are not necessarily limited to:
- Assistance with overall pretreatment program compliance with 40 CFR Part 403 – General Pretreatment Regulations for Existing and New Sources of Pollution (the “General Pretreatment Requirements”).
- Assistance preparing Municipal Ordinance amendments and intergovernmental agreements to provide proper legal authority to implement the General Pretreatment Regulations.
- Evaluation and development of Local Limits to meet the general and specific prohibitions contained in the General Pretreatment Regulations in order to protect the operable performance of the WRF, the collection system, and any site-specific standards of the COB wastewater utility.
- Development and implementation of pretreatment operating procedures compliant with the minimum General Pretreatment Regulations at 40 CFR Part 403.8, including the development of written standard operating procedures and templates.
- Assistance with preparation and maintenance of a list of non-domestic and industrial users served by the COB wastewater utility meeting the criteria of 40 CFR Part 403.3.
- Assistance with and preparation of local pretreatment permits for industrial users determined to be significant industrial users.
- Assistance with significant industrial user facility inspections, preparation of inspection reports, and enforcement action technical support.
- Development and implementation of sampling and analysis plans necessary to comply with compliance monitoring requirements of the General Pretreatment Regulations.
- Compliance review of significant industrial user local pretreatment permittee periodic reports and assistance with preparation of EPA annual pretreatment reports.
- Assistance with correcting all corrective action items identified in the EPA Pretreatment Audit Report dated September 5-6, 2018.
All proposals must contain the following information:
- Company name, email, phone number, and project manager contact information;
- A narrative that describes the consultant’s specific qualifications and understanding of the services for which the COB is requesting assistance;
- A narrative that describes specific challenges associated with the required work and unique solutions available to deliver successful projects;
- An example project schedule that depicts the tasks typical of a project classification for which the COB is requesting the consultant’s qualifications;
- Information for the key members of the consultant team, including names, capacity, unique capabilities, professional background, technical experience, and resumes; and
- A completed and signed Non-Discrimination Affirmation Form (Attachment A)
- A marked-up version of the base task order PSA with consultant’s requested revisions.If no revisions will be requested, a “no revision requested statement” to this effect shall be provided (Attachment B)
Consultants shall submit five copies of the proposal, and one electronic searchable PDF file, to the COB Clerk no later than 5:00 pm on July 18, 2019, clearly marked “Pretreatment Program Professional Engineering On-Call Services Request for Qualifications.” Consultants must present their proposals in a neat and orderly fashion and not exceed five double-sided pages in length. The SOQ cover page, team member resumes, and required attachments do not count towards this page limit. Consultants shall secure pages by staples and shall not bind nor include plastic or vinyl covers or dividers. Please note that the USPS does not deliver mail to the address below. As such, consultants must ship or hand deliver their submittals. The COB will not consider late submittals.
City Clerk, City of Bozeman
121 N. Rouse Ave., Suite 200
Bozeman, MT 59715
Discrimination in the performance of any agreement awarded under this RFP on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, age, marital status, national origin, or actual or perceived sexual orientation, gender identity or disability is prohibited. This prohibition shall apply to the hiring and treatment of the awarded entity’s employees and to all subcontracts.
As such, each entity submitting under this notice shall include a provision wherein the submitting entity, or entities, affirms in writing it will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, age, marital status, national origin, or because of actual or perceived sexual orientation, gender identity or disability and which also recognizes the eventual contract will contain a provision prohibiting discrimination as described above and that this prohibition on discrimination shall apply to the hiring and treatment of the submitting entity’s employees and to all subcontracts.
Dated this 27th day of June, 2019.
City of Bozeman
Published in the Bozeman Daily Chronicle:
Sunday, June 30, 2019
Sunday, July 7, 2019