TAX FRAUD SEASON IS HERE!
Tax season is upon us... with that, comes tax fraud. Each year, 70% of tax fraud reports to the Police Department occur during a two month span from February 19 to April 29. Below are a few common tax fraud problems as well as links that can help you solve them. And of course you can always call our non-emergency number, 406.582.2000, to file a report with us. Good luck and stay safe out there.
- Someone filed a tax return in your name and got your refund
- Someone filed your return and now has your Social Security Number
- Someone claiming to be the IRS keeps calling you
- You need some help identifying suspicious calls
- You need to report fraud to the IRS
- You are receiving phishy emails from someone claiming to be the IRS
- A general go-to for reporting all types of scams