Post Date:01/07/2019 11:30 AM
Return to full list >>
Now that winter is upon us, we’d like to remind residents about their snow removal responsibilities.
- Residential sidewalk shoveling is the responsibility of the adjacent property owner.
- Residential sidewalks must be cleared within 24 hours of snow fall.
- For more information on sidewalk snow removal, please visit the City’s Code Compliance website.
Snow plowing in town is handled primarily by the City of Bozeman and the Montana Department of Transportation (MDT).
- City snow plows are yellow. State snow plows are orange.
- The City plows priority routes consisting of arterials and collectors first. Then we move into the residential areas. Please see our Snow Removal map for priority routes.
- MDT plows Main Street/Huffine Ln, N. 19th Avenue, N. 7th Avenue, and Rouse Avenue. For questions or concerns about these roads, please call 406-556-4700.
- If your street sign is blue, it means that your street is privately maintained and your HOA is responsible for plowing your streets. Please contact your HOA with questions and concerns.
- If we plowed in your mailbox or driveway, please give us a call and we’ll come back. We can be reached at 406-582-3202.
- In the winter time we ask that residents park off-street if possible. We’ll post signs on your street the day before we’ll be there so you have time to move your car. Cars that are not moved may be ticketed or towed.
- Click here for more information on snow plowing.