Below is a list of vacancies the City of Bozeman is currently recruiting to fill. Click on the position title to view the Position Vacancy Announcement, which gives a full description of the position, duties, pay and how to apply.
Assistant Water Reclamation Facility Superintendent
- Type:Full Time
- Salary/Pay Rate:$61,476 - $67,556/year depending on experience and qualifications
- Posted Date:06/02/2017
- Deadline to Apply:07/28/2017 5:00 PM
Under general supervision, performs a wide variety of skilled and semi-skilled tasks with responsibility for all phases of the operation, maintenance, and security of Bozeman’s Water Reclamation Facility (WRF.) Plans, organizes, and supervises the daily functions and activities of the facility. Responds to regulatory inquiries. Work varies, requiring significant individual judgment within prescribed standards and procedures. The nature of the work performed requires that an employee in this class establish and maintain effective working relationships with the Director of Public Works WRF Superintendent, City officials, other City employees, regulatory agencies and the general public by participating in necessary meetings and activities.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Biology, Chemistry, or a closely related field, and
- At least 3-5 years progressively responsible experience in water reclamation facility operations, including at least two years supervisory experience; or
- Any combination of education, experience and training which provides the equivalent scope of knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to perform the work.
- Experience in bio-solids application is preferred.
REQUIRED SPECIAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- Possession of a Montana Class 1C WWTP Certification (or must be obtained within six months of hire);
- Valid driver’s license (must obtain valid Montana Driver’s License within 60 days of employment);
- Must sign a City Financial Disclosure form upon entry into employment;
- Offers for employment are conditional upon satisfactory response to appropriate post conditional offer process.
BARGAINING UNIT: None
FAIR LABOR STANDARDS ACT STATUS: Exempt
WORK WEEK: Typically M-F 8:00am - 5:00pm
SUPERVISOR: WRF Superintendent
APPLICATION DEADLINE: June 25, 2017 @ 5:00pm
- Complete a City of Bozeman Application online;
- Attached a Cover Letter and Resume;
- INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED! PLEASE BE SURE TO COMPLETE THE APPLICATION ENTIRELY AND SUBMIT ALL REQUESTED DOCUMENTS!
Class Specification: 5210 Assistant Water Reclamation Superintendent 03 2016