Below is a list of vacancies the City of Bozeman is currently recruiting to fill. Click on the position title to view the Position Vacancy Announcement, which gives a full description of the position, duties, pay and how to apply.
Building Inspector I
- Type:Full Time
- Salary/Pay Rate:$19.0165 - $22.4255/hour depending on experience and qualifications.
- Posted Date:05/30/2017
- Deadline to Apply:06/30/2017
The Building Inspectors work with the City Building Division in performing a variety of plan reviews and inspections on buildings under construction pertaining to adopted codes, laws, and regulations, and ensuring new and existing construction complies with related building codes, energy codes, and local ordinances. This position requires the ability to quickly establish and maintain effective working relationships with contractors and business owners, City employees, and the general public. Most work is performed in an outdoor work environment with exposure to a variety of weather elements and potential personal hazards in construction zones.
This is a full-time opportunity with many benefits! As a City of Bozeman employee, you will be part of a team that is committed to impacting and serving the community. This great opportunity also provides enrollment in an established retirement system with significant employer contribution, generous vacation and sick time accruals, and excellent medical, dental and vision benefits!
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- High School Diploma or GED; and
- One to two years of experience in one of the construction trades (building, electrical, plumbing, mechanical); and
- Possession of at least one of the following certifications at the time of application (REQUIRED):
ICC Residential Building Inspector;
ICC Residential Mechanical Inspector;
ICC Residential Electrical Inspector;
IAPMO Plumbing Inspector.
- Any combination of experience and training which provides the equivalent scope of knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to perform the work; at least one of the above listed certifications is required at the time of application.
REQUIRED SPECIAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- Valid Driver’s License and must possess valid Montana Driver’s license within 60 days of employment.
- Must possess/obtain each of the following certifications within two years of employment:
ICC Residential or Commercial Building Inspector;
ICC Residential or Commercial Mechanical Inspector;
ICC Residential or Commercial Electrical Inspector;
IAPMO Plumbing Inspector.
- Offers for employment are conditional upon satisfactory response to appropriate post conditional offer process.
BARGAINING UNIT: Montana Public Employees Association (MPEA)
FAIR LABOR STANDARDS ACT STATUS: Non-Exempt
WORK WEEK: Generally M-F, 7:00am - 4:00pm
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open Until Filled
- Complete a City of Bozeman Application online;
- Attach a Cover Letter and Resume.
- INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED - PLEASE BE SURE TO INCLUDE ALL REQUESTED DOCUMENTS AND COMPLETE THE APPLICATION ENTIRELY.
- Class Specification: 6050 Building Inspector I 02 2017