CITY OF BOZEMAN:
Below is a list of vacancies the City of Bozeman is currently recruiting to fill. Click on the position title to view the full description of the position, duties, pay and how to apply.
For information regarding Police and Fire Department hiring please click on the following links:
The City of Bozeman is partnering with the U.S. Census Bureau to ensure a complete count for the 2020 Census. They have numerous flexible opportunities available: part-time, intermittent, and work-from-home. For more information please go to: https://www.2020census.gov/jobs
Billing Clerk III
- Type:Full Time
- Salary/Pay Rate:$16.4369 - $19.3375/hour depending on experience and qualifications
- Posted Date:06/10/2019 5:11 PM
- Deadline to Apply:06/23/2019 11:58 PM
In this essential role within the City’s Finance Department, a Billing Clerk III performs a variety of specialized accounts receivable and administrative duties in the processing of utility bills, and support for the Water, Sewer and Sanitation Departments. This person must provide exceptional customer service—be prompt, pleasant, tactful and accurate. The majority of the day will be spent assisting customers over the phone and at the front counter. This person will perform technical database management duties in a fast paced environment; extreme attention to detail and follow through is essential.
Reconciles and balances the central cash registers and prepares bank deposits. Performs various clerical functions including answering the main phone line for the city and processing various payments and permits at the front counter. Backs up other Finance Department personnel and assists with special projects as assigned.
An employee in this position must establish and maintain effective working relationships with the assigned supervisor, other City employees, and the general public including ones who are angry, emotional or disagreeable. Must be able to 10-key at least 100 strokes per minute on a test and be able to quickly learn the accounting software programs, policies and procedures of the department. Must be able to demonstrate the ability to multi-task and communicate both orally and in writing with a wide variety of people. For more information please refer to the Job Description located in the link below.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Associate’s Degree in Accounting, Business Administration or a related field; AND
- One (1) to three (3) years customer service experience, including accounts receivable and bookkeeping experience, some knowledge of government accounting is preferred; OR
- Any combination of experience and training which provides the equivalent scope of knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to perform the work.
REQUIRED SPECIAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- 10-Key – the ability to enter at least 100 SPM is desired, tests will be taken during the interview process;
- Offers for employment are conditional upon satisfactory response to a criminal background check, credit check and thorough reference checks.
FAIR LABOR STANDARDS ACT STATUS: Non-Exempt
WORK WEEK: Typically M-F, 8am-5pm
- Complete a City of Bozeman Application online;
- Attach a Cover Letter and Resume;
- INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS MATERIALS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED; PLEASE BE SURE TO SUBMIT ALL REQUESTED DOCUMENTS AND COMPLETE THE APPLICATION ENTIRELY!