CITY OF BOZEMAN:
Below is a list of vacancies the City of Bozeman is currently recruiting to fill. Click on the position title to view the full description of the position, duties, pay and how to apply.
For information regarding Police and Fire Department hiring please click on the following links:
The City of Bozeman is partnering with the U.S. Census Bureau to ensure a complete count for the 2020 Census. They have numerous flexible opportunities available: part-time, intermittent, and work-from-home. For more information please go to: https://www.2020census.gov/jobs
City Service Worker - Parks
- Type:Full Time
- Salary/Pay Rate:$14.94 - $17.58/hour depending on experience and qualifications
- Posted Date:05/13/2019 12:40 PM
- Deadline to Apply:05/29/2019 11:58 PM
A City Service Worker for the City of Bozeman Parks Department performs a variety of skilled and semi-skilled tasks in the maintenance, construction, and repair of Park and Recreation grounds and facilities. The position includes a variety of tasks including, but not limited to beautifying and maintaining the appearance of Bozeman’s ground and facilities, performing minor repairs to equipment, troubleshooting equipment, operating various equipment, and janitorial tasks to include emptying garbage, cleaning restrooms, stocking, and preparing parks for rentals, events, and general use. The duties of this position are completed under general supervision, but a high level of individual judgment is pertinent.
This is an excellent full-time career opportunity with many benefits. As a City of Bozeman employee, you will be part of a team that is committed to impacting and serving the community. This great opportunity also provides enrollment in an established retirement system with significant employer contribution, generous vacation and sick time accruals, and excellent medical, dental and vision benefits!
REQUIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- High School Diploma or GED; and
- At least 1-3 years-experience in maintenance, construction and repair of park-related grounds, trails and related buildings; and in the operation, service and minor repair of a variety of light and heavy duty equipment, including turf and trail equipment, and general shop equipment; or
- Any combination of experience and training which provides the equivalent scope of knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to perform the work.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of grounds construction and maintenance;
- Irrigation experience is preferred;
- Ability to safely operate light and medium duty equipment (ATV, Bobcat, snow removal equipment, tractors, sprayers, and other various related grounds maintenance equipment);
- Ability to safely work outdoors in extreme temperatures with frequent periods of walking, standing, lifting, kneeling, and bending;
- General computer knowledge;
- *For a more thorough list of required knowledge, skills, and abilities, please review the class specification located in the link below.
REQUIRED SPECIAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and obtain a valid Montana driver’s license within 60 days of employment;
- Offers for employment are conditional upon satisfactory response to appropriate post conditional offer process.
FAIR LABOR STANDARDS ACT STATUS: Non-Exempt
WORK WEEK: Full-time, 40 hours/week. Weekend shift to include 4-10 hour shifts Saturday/Sunday and two other days during the week
- Complete a City of Bozeman Application online;
- Attach a cover letter and resume.
- INCOMPLETE APPLICATION WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED; PLEASE BE SURE TO ATTACH ALL REQUESTED DOCUMENTS AND COMPLETE THE APPLICATION ENTIRELY!