CITY OF BOZEMAN:
Below is a list of vacancies the City of Bozeman is currently recruiting to fill. Click on the position title to view the full description of the position, duties, pay and how to apply.
For information regarding Police and Fire Department hiring please click on the following links:
The City of Bozeman is partnering with the U.S. Census Bureau to ensure a complete count for the 2020 Census. They have numerous flexible opportunities available: part-time, intermittent, and work-from-home. For more information please go to: https://www.2020census.gov/jobs
Administrative Assistant I
- Type:Full Time
- Salary/Pay Rate:$13.16 - $15.48/hour depending on experience and qualifications
- Posted Date:05/13/2019 12:33 PM
- Deadline to Apply:05/29/2019 11:58 PM
In this essential role you will be responsible for performing a variety of general clerical, administrative support, and information dissemination services for the City’s Planning Department. This includes providing information to the public and other City employees, preparing reports and informational packets, and professional correspondence via phone, e-mail, and in-person. You will also assist the department with general administrative duties such as answering the phones, scheduling, administering business licenses and permits, sorting mail, filing, taking and distributing meeting minutes, and other various relevant administrative duties. Must provide outstanding customer service to the public as well as other City employees.
This is a full-time opportunity with many benefits! As a City of Bozeman employee, you will be part of a team that is committed to impacting and serving the community. This great opportunity also provides enrollment in an established retirement system with significant employer contribution, generous vacation and sick time accruals, and excellent medical, dental and vision benefits!
REQUIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- High School Diploma or GED; and
- Some (at least 1-3 years) of clerical experience; or
- Any combination of experience and training which provides the equivalent scope of knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to perform the work.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Some knowledge of modern office procedures, practices, equipment, and filing systems; and
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast paced environment; and
- Good phone etiquette and strong customer service skills; and
- Ability to operate a computer and related programs such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook; experience with databases is preferred.
REQUIRED SPECIAL QUALIFICATIONS:
Offers for employment conditional upon satisfactory completion of appropriate post condition offer process.
BARGAINING UNIT: MFPE (Montana Federation of Public Employees)
FAIR LABOR STANDARDS ACT STATUS: Non-Exempt
WORK WEEK: Typically M-F, 8am-5pm
- Complete a City of Bozeman Application online;
- Attach a Cover Letter and Resume;
- INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED! PLEASE BE SURE TO COMPLETE THE APPLICATION ENTIRELY AND SUBMIT ALL REQUESTED DOCUMENTS!