CITY OF BOZEMAN:
Below is a list of vacancies the City of Bozeman is currently recruiting to fill. Click on the position title to view the full description of the position, duties, pay and how to apply.
For information regarding Police and Fire Department hiring please click on the following links:
The City of Bozeman is partnering with the U.S. Census Bureau to ensure a complete count for the 2020 Census. They have numerous flexible opportunities available: part-time, intermittent, and work-from-home. For more information please go to: https://www.2020census.gov/jobs
Water Reclamation Facility Operator (Maintenance)
- Type:Full Time
- Salary/Pay Rate:$17.90 - $21.06/hour depending on experience and qualifications
- Posted Date:05/03/2019 8:49 AM
- Deadline to Apply:07/29/2019 11:58 PM
In this career-oriented role you will repair and maintain a variety of complex mechanical equipment, including pumps, compressors, blowers, boilers, turbines, vehicles, and electrical systems at the Water Reclamation Facility to ensure the production of wastewater effluent and compliance to all State and Federal Regulations.
This is an excellent full-time career opportunity with progressive on the job training for advancement opportunities, longevity pay, and a potential for promotion to Lead worker or Foreman status with additional pay, (dependent upon experience, performance, and openings within the department.) The City of Bozeman strives to develop professional Operators and will assist you in obtaining the required listed certifications if you do not currently possess these items.
As a City of Bozeman employee, you will be part of a team that is committed to impacting and serving the community. This great opportunity also provides enrollment in an established retirement system with significant employer contribution, generous vacation and sick time accruals, and excellent medical, dental and vision benefits!
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- High School Diploma; and
- 1-3 years of experience working with mechanical systems and equipment, including operation, maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair; or
- Any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the knowledge, skills and abilities necessary to perform the work.
REQUIRED SPECIAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- Must have the ability to respond to the Bozeman Water Reclamation Facility within 20 minutes of being notified when assigned to stand-by assignments;
- Offers for employment are conditional upon satisfactory responses to appropriate post conditional offer process.
REQUIRED CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Must complete Volumes I, II, and III of the Operation of Water Reclamation Facility Field Study Program within 3 years of employment;
- Must pass the Montana Class I Wastewater Certification Test within 3 years of employment;
- May be required to obtain Montana Type 2 Class B Driver’s License with Tanker Endorsement within 6 months of employment (this also subjects employee to DOT required drug and alcohol testing provisions);
- Valid Driver’s License at time of hire and obtain a Montana Driver’s License within 60 days of employment;
- Must have the ability to respond to the Bozeman Water Reclamation Facility within 20 minutes of being notified when assigned to stand-by assignments.
FAIR LABOR STANDARDS ACT STATUS: Non-Exempt
WORK WEEK: Typically Wednesday-Saturday, 2:30pm-12:30am. Shifts may vary as needed.
- Complete a City of Bozeman Application online;
- Attach a Cover Letter and Resume;
- INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED, PLEASE BE SURE TO INCLUDE ALL REQUIRED DOCUMENTS AND COMPLETE THE APPLICATION ENTIRELY.