CITY OF BOZEMAN:
Below is a list of vacancies the City of Bozeman is currently recruiting to fill. Click on the position title to view the full description of the position, duties, pay and how to apply.
For information regarding Police and Fire Department hiring please click on the following links:
The City of Bozeman is partnering with the U.S. Census Bureau to ensure a complete count for the 2020 Census. They have numerous flexible opportunities available: part-time, intermittent, and work-from-home. For more information please go to: https://www.2020census.gov/jobs
Facilities Service Worker
- Type:Full Time
- Salary/Pay Rate:$16.91 - $19.89/hour depending on experience and qualifications
- Posted Date:04/29/2019 12:00 PM
- Deadline to Apply:05/28/2019 11:58 PM
Under general supervision, performs a variety of skilled and semi-skilled tasks in the housekeeping, maintenance, construction and repair of public owned facilities and grounds. Operates, services, maintains, troubleshoots, and makes minor repairs to building related equipment and mechanical systems; Contacts, directs, interacts, and monitors the work of vendors and contracted service providers hired to perform work on city owned buildings, grounds, and equipment. Use of individual judgment within prescribed standards and procedures is required.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- High School Diploma or GED; and
- 1-3 years of experience in building and grounds maintenance; and
- 1-3 years-experience in the operation and maintenance of light and medium duty equipment, machinery, and power/hand tools; and
- 1-3 years-experience with computers (Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and database management systems); or
- Any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the knowledge, skills and abilities necessary to perform the work.
REQUIRED SPECIAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- Working knowledge of and ability to use equipment, materials, and supplies used to do minor repairs;
- Working knowledge of building mechanical equipment and controls;
- Working knowledge of and ability to use equipment, materials, and supplies used in grounds maintenance;
- Customer service and communication skills.
REQUIRED CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Must have valid Driver’s License and obtain a valid Montana Driver’s License within six (6) months of employment;
- Must obtain a State issued Boiler Operator’s License for low-pressure boilers, when the next local training classes are available.
FAIR LABOR STANDARDS ACT STATUS: Non-Exempt
WORK WEEK: Typically M-F, 8am-5pm
- Complete a City of Bozeman Application online;
- Attach a Cover Letter and Resume.
- INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED! PLEASE BE SURE TO COMPLETE THE APPLICATION ENTIRELY AND SUBMIT ALL REQUESTED DOCUMENTS!