CITY OF BOZEMAN:
Below is a list of vacancies the City of Bozeman is currently recruiting to fill. Click on the position title to view the full description of the position, duties, pay and how to apply.
For information regarding Police and Fire Department hiring please click on the following links:
The City of Bozeman is partnering with the U.S. Census Bureau to ensure a complete count for the 2020 Census. They have numerous flexible opportunities available: part-time, intermittent, and work-from-home. For more information please go to: https://www.2020census.gov/jobs
- Type:Full Time
- Salary/Pay Rate:$20.0265 - $23.5606/hour depending on experience and qualifications
- Posted Date:04/23/2019 3:10 PM
- Deadline to Apply:05/28/2019 11:58 PM
The Building Inspectors work with the City Building Division in performing a variety of plan reviews and inspections on buildings under construction pertaining to adopted codes, laws, and regulations, and ensuring new and existing construction complies with related building codes, energy codes, and local ordinances. This position requires the ability to quickly establish and maintain effective working relationships with contractors and business owners, City employees, and the general public. Most work is performed in an outdoor work environment with exposure to a variety of weather elements and potential personal hazards in construction zones.
This is a full-time opportunity that offers on the job training and fast-track career progression! Upon completion of on the job training and obtaining certifications as a Building Inspector I, employees have the opportunity to become a Building Inspector II within one year of employment, and a Building Inspector III within three years of employment.
As a City of Bozeman employee, you will be part of a team that is committed to impacting and serving the community. This great opportunity also provides enrollment in an established retirement system with significant employer contribution, generous vacation and sick time accruals, and excellent medical, dental and vision benefits!
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- High School Diploma or GED; and
- At least two years-experience in building construction, plans examining, or building inspection; or
- Any combination of experience and training which provides the equivalent scope of knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to perform the work.
REQUIRED SPECIAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- Valid Driver’s License and must obtain valid Montana Driver’s license within 60 days of employment;
- Must obtain at least two of the following certifications within one year of employment (the City will assist you with obtaining these certifications):
o ICC Residential and Commercial Building Certification;
o ICC Residential and Commercial Mechanical Inspector Certification;
o ICC Residential and Commercial Electrical Inspector Certification;
o IAPMO Plumbing Inspector Certification;
- Offers for employment are conditional upon satisfactory response to appropriate post conditional offer process.
FAIR LABOR STANDARDS ACT STATUS: Non-Exempt
WORK WEEK: Typically M-F, 7am-4pm
- Submit a City of Bozeman Application online;
- Attach Cover Letter and Resume.
- INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED - PLEASE BE SURE TO INCLUDE ALL REQUESTED DOCUMENTS AND COMPLETE THE APPLICATION ENTIRELY.