CITY OF BOZEMAN:
Below is a list of vacancies the City of Bozeman is currently recruiting to fill. Click on the position title to view the full description of the position, duties, pay and how to apply.
For information regarding Police and Fire Department hiring please click on the following links:
The City of Bozeman is partnering with the U.S. Census Bureau to ensure a complete count for the 2020 Census. They have numerous flexible opportunities available: part-time, intermittent, and work-from-home. For more information please go to: https://www.2020census.gov/jobs
- Type:Full Time
- Salary/Pay Rate:$24.4003 - $28.7063/hour depending on experience and qualifications
- Posted Date:04/05/2019 10:43 AM
- Deadline to Apply:04/21/2019 11:58 PM
In this essential role you will be responsible for applying professional standards to current and long range city planning, particularly with respect to subdivision, site plan, and design review. You will be responsible for the administration, coordination, research, and implementation of comprehensive plans, development review codes, design guidelines, affordable housing, urban re-development, and administering municipal zoning and subdivision development ordinances. This position requires friendly and consistent customer service to a variety of groups and individuals including, but not limited to other City employees, Municipal, State, and Federal officials, representatives of neighborhood organizations, business and community organizations, architects, engineers and the general public. This includes verbal communication and professional level written reports in regard to standards and policies concerning building permits, development applications, and other various planning office activities.
This is a full-time opportunity with many benefits! As a City of Bozeman employee, you will be part of a team that is committed to impacting and serving the community. This great opportunity also provides enrollment in an established retirement system with significant employer contribution, generous vacation and sick time accruals, and excellent medical, dental and vision benefits!
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Planning, Urban Design/Planning, Architecture, Geography, or a closely related field; and
- Some (2-4 years) experience in planning, urban design, architecture, or development review; or
- Any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the knowledge, skills and abilities necessary to perform the work.
REQUIRED, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of urban design including traditional urban, neighborhood, and site design; and
- Thorough knowledge of land use theory, urban design, economics, finance operations, land use law, demographics, environmental design, resource development, and ecology; and
- Ability to operate a computer and related programs such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and database management systems; and
- Experience using Adobe Creative Suite is desired; and
- Thorough knowledge of the current principles and practices involved in urban planning; and
- Thorough knowledge of modern office procedures, practices, and equipment; and
- Thorough knowledge of subdivision platting processes; and
- Substantial knowledge of data gathering and research techniques; and
- Some knowledge in GIS, topographic information, and ArcMap; and
- Ability to read and interpret architectural and engineering designs and specifications; and
- Preference will be given to members of the American Institute of Certified Planners (AICP), Registered Landscape Architects, or Registered Architects.
REQUIRED SPECIAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- Valid Driver’s License (must obtain valid Montana Driver’s License within 60 days of employment);
- Offers for employment conditional upon satisfactory completion of appropriate post condition offer process.
FAIR LABOR STANDARDS ACT STATUS:Non-Exempt
WORK WEEK: Typically M-F, 8am-5pm
- Complete a City of Bozeman Application online;
- Attach a Resume and Cover Letter;
- INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED! PLEASE BE SURE TO COMPLETE THE APPLICATION ENTIRELY AND SUBMIT ALL REQUESTED DOCUMENTS!