CITY OF BOZEMAN:
Below is a list of vacancies the City of Bozeman is currently recruiting to fill. Click on the position title to view the full description of the position, duties, pay and how to apply.
For information regarding Police and Fire Department hiring please click on the following links:
The City of Bozeman is partnering with the U.S. Census Bureau to ensure a complete count for the 2020 Census. They have numerous flexible opportunities available: part-time, intermittent, and work-from-home. For more information please go to: https://www.2020census.gov/jobs
Lifeguard and Swim Instructor II
- Type:Part Time
- Salary/Pay Rate:$13.00/hour
- Posted Date:03/28/2019 11:07 AM
- Deadline to Apply:04/22/2019 11:58 PM
Ensures patron safety at the City of Bozeman’s aquatic facilities, both indoor and outdoor, provides swimming instruction, enforces pool rules and regulations, and maintains a clean and safe swimming facility for all patrons; performs related work as required.
- Must be of legal age to perform the duties of the position;
- Aquatics/Lifeguarding experience is desired, but not required. On the job training is provided.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Thorough knowledge of swimming and lifeguarding techniques;
- Thorough knowledge of first-aid, CPR, and AED;
- Ability to properly perform rescues;
- Ability to instruct individuals on pool and water safety;
- For a more thorough list of requirements please review the job description (available in the link below.)
- Must either possess or be able to obtain the following certifications (if you do not possess these certifications, you will be provided with on the job training to obtain them):
Lifeguarding/First Aid certification;
Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation/Automated External Defibrillator (CPR/AED) for the Professional Rescuer certification;
- As a condition of continued employment, must obtain Water Safety Instructor (WSI) certification within one (1) year of employment (if course is available);
- Offers for employment are conditional upon satisfactory response to appropriate post conditional offer process.
FAIR LABOR STANDARDS ACT STATUS: Non-Exempt
WORK WEEK: 12-15 hours/week from August 25th – June 8th
26-29 hours/week from June 9th – August 24th
- Complete the City of Bozeman Application online;
- Attach a resume;
- If applicable, attach copies of certifications or receipt of classes.
- INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED; PLEASE BE SURE TO SUBMIT ALL REQUIRED DOCUMENTS AND COMPLETE THE APPLICATION ENTIRELY!