CITY OF BOZEMAN:
Below is a list of vacancies the City of Bozeman is currently recruiting to fill. Click on the position title to view the full description of the position, duties, pay and how to apply.
For information regarding Police and Fire Department hiring please click on the following links:
The City of Bozeman is partnering with the U.S. Census Bureau to ensure a complete count for the 2020 Census. They have numerous flexible opportunities available: part-time, intermittent, and work-from-home. For more information please go to: https://www.2020census.gov/jobs
- Type:Full Time
- Salary/Pay Rate:$13.31 - $15.66/hour depending on experience and qualifications
- Posted Date:03/28/2019 11:02 AM
- Deadline to Apply:04/21/2019 11:58 PM
The City of Bozeman is seeking a full-time Custodian to perform a full range of custodial, cleaning, and light maintenance duties in City buildings, facilities, and adjacent grounds. The primary duties and location of this position will be at the Bozeman Public Library. The ideal candidate will have the ability to create and maintain effective relationships with other City employees, particularly Library staff, and Library patrons.
This is an excellent full-time opportunity with many benefits. As a City of Bozeman employee, you will be part of a team that is committed to impacting and serving the community. This great opportunity also provides enrollment in an established retirement system with significant employer contribution, generous vacation and sick time accruals, and excellent medical, dental and vision benefits.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- High School Diploma or GED; and
- 1-3 years of custodial or building maintenance experience; or
- Any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the knowledge, skills and abilities necessary to perform the work.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Working knowledge of and the ability to use and perform minor maintenance on hand tools and equipment used in custodial/light maintenance work;
- Working knowledge of proper cleaning methods and the safe usage of cleaning materials, disinfectants, custodial tools and equipment;
- Customer service and communication skills;
- Please review the full job description for required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
REQUIRED SPECIAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- Offers for employment are conditional upon satisfactory responses to appropriate post conditional offer process including a background check and pre-employment physical.
- Must have valid Driver’s License and obtain a valid Montana Driver’s License within six (6) months of employment.
BARGAINING UNIT: Teamsters
FAIR LABOR STANDARDS ACT STATUS: Non-Exempt
WORK WEEK: 40 hours/week. Typically Tuesday-Thursday 10:30am-7:30pm and Friday-Saturday, 8am-5pm (OFF Sunday/Monday)
- Complete a City of Bozeman application online;
- Attach a Cover Letter and Resume.
- INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED, PLEASE BE SURE TO INCLUDE ALL REQUIRED DOCUMENTS AND COMPLETE THE APPLICATION ENTIRELY.
CLASS SPECIFICATION: 5122 Facilities Custodian 03 2016