CITY OF BOZEMAN:
Below is a list of vacancies the City of Bozeman is currently recruiting to fill. Click on the position title to view the full description of the position, duties, pay and how to apply.
For information regarding Police and Fire Department hiring please click on the following links:
The City of Bozeman is partnering with the U.S. Census Bureau to ensure a complete count for the 2020 Census. They have numerous flexible opportunities available: part-time, intermittent, and work-from-home. For more information please go to: https://www.2020census.gov/jobs
Solid Waste Operator
- Type:Full Time
- Salary/Pay Rate:$16.91 - $19.89/hour depending on experience and qualifications
- Posted Date:03/05/2019 2:40 PM
- Deadline to Apply:03/24/2019 11:58 PM
Performs a variety of semi-skilled and skilled work in the collection of refuse, compost, and/or recyclables, and in the maintenance/repair of vehicles used by the City Solid Waste Division.
This is an excellent full-time career opportunity with progressive on the job training for advancement opportunities, longevity pay, and a potential for promotion to Leadworker or Foreman status with additional pay, (dependent upon experience, performance, and openings within the department.) The City of Bozeman strives to develop professional Operators with a desire to learn and grow with the City and will assist you in obtaining a CDL if you do not currently possess one.
As a City of Bozeman employee, you will be part of a team that is committed to impacting and serving the community. This great opportunity also provides enrollment in an established retirement system with significant employer contribution, generous vacation and sick time accruals, and excellent medical, dental and vision benefits!
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs routine residential and commercial solid waste collection activities
- Operates collection trucks to pick up solid waste and cardboard on collection route
- Performs recycling activities; participates in clean-up programs and performs litter control, including preserving the order of the recycling areas and promoting recycling and waste reduction
- Performs vehicle and equipment servicing, repair and inspecting
- Responds to citizens’ questions and comments in a courteous and timely manner
- Performs other related duties consistent with the role and function of the Solid Waste Division
- High School Diploma or GED; and
- Must possess or have the ability to obtain a Montana Commercial Driver’s License Type 1 or 2, Class A or B (without airbrake restriction) within six months of employment;
- DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Any prior experience driving a commercial garbage truck
- Any prior knowledge of general solid waste collection operations
REQUIRED SPECIAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- Pre-employment CDL physical and drug testing are required;
- Must be willing to attend occasional workshops or training sessions;
- Offers for employment are conditional upon satisfactory completion of appropriate post conditional offer process.
REQUIRED CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and obtain a Montana Commercial Driver’s License Type 1 or 2, Class A or B (without airbrake restriction) within six months of employment.
BARGAINING UNIT: Teamsters
FAIR LABOR STANDARDS ACT STATUS: Non-Exempt
WORK WEEK: Monday – Friday, 7am-3:30pm
- Complete a City of Bozeman application online;
- Attach a Cover Letter and Resume.
- INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED, PLEASE COMPLETE THE APPLICATION ENTIRELY AND SUBMIT ALL REQUIRED DOCUMENTS.