CITY OF BOZEMAN:
Below is a list of vacancies the City of Bozeman is currently recruiting to fill. Click on the position title to view the full description of the position, duties, pay and how to apply.
For information regarding Police and Fire Department hiring please click on the following links:
The City of Bozeman is partnering with the U.S. Census Bureau to ensure a complete count for the 2020 Census. They have numerous flexible opportunities available: part-time, intermittent, and work-from-home. For more information please go to: https://www.2020census.gov/jobs
- Type:Full Time
- Salary/Pay Rate:$17.90 - $21.06/hour depending on experience and qualifications
- Posted Date:02/08/2019 2:10 PM
- Deadline to Apply:05/06/2019 11:58 PM
In this career-oriented role, you will assist in installing and maintaining the City of Bozeman’s water and sewer systems. You will also install and repair meters and accessories, and read utility meters.
This is an excellent full-time career opportunity with progressive on the job training for advancement opportunities, longevity pay, and a potential for promotion to Leadworker or Foreman status with additional pay, (dependent upon experience, performance, and openings within the department.) The City of Bozeman strives to develop professional Water/Sewer Operators and will assist you in obtaining a CDL with endorsements and a Montana Class 1A Water Certification if you do not currently possess these items.
As a City of Bozeman employee, you will be part of a team that is committed to impacting and serving the community. This great opportunity also provides enrollment in an established retirement system with significant employer contribution, generous vacation and sick time accruals, and excellent medical, dental and vision benefits!
REQUIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- High School Diploma or GED; and
- 1-3 years-experience in the following:
Manual labor experience in construction or plumbing; and
The operation and maintenance of heavy equipment, machinery, and power/hand tools; and
Working with computers (Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and database management systems); or
- Any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the knowledge, skills and abilities necessary to perform the work.
- At least one year of experience with concrete, asphalt, and/or landscaping;
- At least one year of experience reading construction plans;
- Class A CDL;
- NOTE: Please review the full job description for required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
REQUIRED SPECIAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- Must have the ability to respond to the City Shops Complex 814 N Bozeman Ave. within 20 minutes of being notified when assigned to stand-by assignments;
- Offers for employment are conditional upon satisfactory responses to appropriate post conditional offer process; and
- Pre-employment CDL physical and drug testing will be required.
REQUIRED CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Must have valid Montana Commercial Driver’s License Type 2, Class A (without airbrake restriction) or the ability to obtain one within six (6) months of employment;
- Must have Montana CDL Tanker and Combination endorsements or the ability to obtain the endorsements within six (6) months of employment;
- Must obtain a Montana Class 1A Water Certification within two (2) years of employment.
FAIR LABOR STANDARDS ACT STATUS: Non-Exempt
WORK WEEK: Generally 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. shift, Monday through Friday. Summer schedule may adjust to 4-10 hour shifts. Shifts may vary as needed.
- Complete a City of Bozeman Application online;
- Attach a Cover Letter and Resume;
- INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED, PLEASE BE SURE TO INCLUDE ALL REQUIRED DOCUMENTS AND COMPLETE THE APPLICATION ENTIRELY.