CITY OF BOZEMAN:
Below is a list of vacancies the City of Bozeman is currently recruiting to fill. Click on the position title to view the full description of the position, duties, pay and how to apply.
For information regarding Police and Fire Department hiring please click on the following links:
The City of Bozeman is partnering with the U.S. Census Bureau to ensure a complete count for the 2020 Census. They have numerous flexible opportunities available: part-time, intermittent, and work-from-home. For more information please go to: https://www.2020census.gov/jobs
Parks Planning and Development Manager
- Type:Full Time
- Salary/Pay Rate:$54,655 - $64,301/year depending on experience and qualifications
- Posted Date:02/01/2019 3:24 PM
- Deadline to Apply:02/28/2019 11:58 PM
In this essential role you will be responsible for managing the design, development and construction of trail, open space and park projects and improvements in the City. This includes providing information to the public and other City employees, contract development, bid preparation and award, construction management and oversight, and other related duties as assigned. The nature of the work requires the ability to quickly establish and maintain effective working relationships with Parks Administration, other City employees, the City Commission, other government agencies, boards, committees, partnering organizations, vendors, professional consultants, and other members of the public.
This is a full-time opportunity with many benefits! As a City of Bozeman employee, you will be part of a team that is committed to impacting and serving the community. This great opportunity also provides enrollment in an established retirement system with significant employer contribution, generous vacation and sick time accruals, and excellent medical, dental and vision benefits!
REQUIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Landscape Architecture, Community Planning, Parks and Recreation Management, Public Administration, or closely related field; and
- At least 3-5 years-experience in park, trail and open space planning, or related field; or
- Any combination of experience and training which provides the equivalent scope of knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to perform the work.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Demonstrated knowledge of park, trails and open space planning and design, real estate transactions, property acquisition, easements and donations, project and/or construction management; and
- Ability to quickly establish effective working relationships with various others and strong customer service skills; and
- Ability to operate a computer and related programs such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook; experience with databases is preferred.
REQUIRED SPECIAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- Valid Driver’s License (must obtain valid Montana Driver’s License within 60 days of employment);
- Offers for employment conditional upon satisfactory completion of appropriate post condition offer process.
WORK WEEK: Typically Monday through Friday, 8:00am – 5:00pm with some flexibility for required evening meetings, etc.
- Complete a City of Bozeman Application online;
- Attach a Cover Letter and Resume;
- INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED! PLEASE BE SURE TO COMPLETE THE APPLICATION ENTIRELY AND SUBMIT ALL REQUESTED DOCUMENTS!