CITY OF BOZEMAN:
Below is a list of vacancies the City of Bozeman is currently recruiting to fill. Click on the position title to view the full description of the position, duties, pay and how to apply.
For information regarding Police and Fire Department hiring please click on the following links:
The City of Bozeman is partnering with the U.S. Census Bureau to ensure a complete count for the 2020 Census. They have numerous flexible opportunities available: part-time, intermittent, and work-from-home. For more information please go to: https://www.2020census.gov/jobs
- Type:Full Time
- Salary/Pay Rate:$4,843.20 - $5,703.13/month depending on experience
- Posted Date:01/28/2019 9:08 AM
- Deadline to Apply:03/04/2019 11:58 PM
In order to be considered for a position with the City of Bozeman Police Department as a Probationary Police Officer, applicants must meet the minimum following qualifications:
- Be a citizen of the United States;
- Be at least 18 years of age;
- Be fingerprinted and a search made of the local, state, and national fingerprint files to disclose any criminal record;
- Must not have been convicted of a crime for which the person could have been imprisoned in a federal or state penitentiary;
- Be of good moral character, and conduct personal life above reproach as determined by a thorough background investigation;
- Be a high school graduate or possess a G.E.D. certificate;
- Possess or be eligible to obtain a Montana driver’s license at time of hiring;
- Be of sound physical and mental health;
- Must successfully pass the written examination and Montana Physical Abilities Test conducted by the Bozeman Police Department on May 6, 2019. A video of the Montana Physical Abilities Test can be found at http://youtu.be/ObQcu2BJ5KU.
- Must successfully pass oral interviews and additional testing on May 6-10, 2019, to demonstrate the possession of communication skills, temperament, motivation, and other characteristics necessary to the accomplishment of the duties and functions of a peace officer; and
- Must be certified or eligible to be certifiable by the Montana Public Safety Officer Standards and Training Advisory Council (POST) as a full-time or part-time peace officer.
BARGAINING UNIT: Bozeman Police Protective Association (BPPA)
FAIR LABOR STANDARDS ACT STATUS: Non-Exempt
WORK WEEK: Shift work/varies (workweek consists of four, 10 hour shifts.)
- Complete a City of Bozeman Application online; and
- Attach a Cover Letter and Resume; and
- If applicable, a copy of your Montana Public Safety Officer Standards and Training (POST) certificate or similar certificate from whichever state you’re currently certified as a sworn police officer; and
- If applicable, DD-214 showing discharge status and/or Proof of Disabled Person's Employment Preference.
- INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS MAY NOT BE CONSIDERED; PLEASE BE SURE TO SUBMIT ALL REQUIRED DOCUMENTS AND COMPLETE THE APPLICATION ENTIRELY!
Our hiring process is scheduled to be held in Bozeman, MT, the week of May 6-10, 2019. Testing will consist of the following:
- The written test and Montana Physical Abilities Test for invited applicants will be held on the morning of Monday, May 6, 2019, in Bozeman.
- Initial oral interviews and practical exercises for applicants who successfully pass the written AND physical abilities exams will be held from Monday, May 6 to Wednesday, May 8, 2019.
- An additional oral interview for successful applicants will be held on Thursday, May 9, 2019.
CLASS SPECIFICATION: 6240 Police Officer 05 2018