CITY OF BOZEMAN:
Below is a list of vacancies the City of Bozeman is currently recruiting to fill. Click on the position title to view the full description of the position, duties, pay and how to apply.
For information regarding Police and Fire Department hiring please click on the following links:
The City of Bozeman is partnering with the U.S. Census Bureau to ensure a complete count for the 2020 Census. They have numerous flexible opportunities available: part-time, intermittent, and work-from-home. For more information please go to: https://www.2020census.gov/jobs
Senior Plans Examiner
- Type:Full Time
- Salary/Pay Rate:$25.01 - $29.42/hour depending on experience and qualifications
- Posted Date:01/28/2019 8:58 AM
- Deadline to Apply:06/24/2019 11:58 PM
In this essential role within the building division, the primary responsibility is to review residential and complex commercial plans submitted for building permits and checks, and to ensure compliance with state and local codes and ordinances. Must provide outstanding customer service including verbal communication and professional correspondence with property owners, contractors, architects, engineers, residents, businesses, and the general public. You will also assist the department with evaluating, recommending, and preparing revisions to codes, ordinances, and local regulations, maintaining relevant databases and files for the department, and other associated duties for the position.
This is a full-time opportunity with many benefits! As a City of Bozeman employee, you will be part of a team that is committed to impacting and serving the community. This great opportunity also provides enrollment in an established retirement system with significant employer contribution, generous vacation and sick time accruals, and excellent medical, dental and vision benefits!
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- At least two years of formal training/education beyond high school in Architectural Design, Structural Engineering, or closely related field; AND
- Considerable (4-6 years) experience in building construction, plans examining, or building inspection; AND
- Any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the knowledge, skills and abilities necessary to perform the work.
REQUIRED SPECIAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- Valid Driver’s License (must obtain valid Montana Driver’s License within 60 days of employment);
- Offers for employment conditional upon satisfactory completion of appropriate post condition offer process;
- Must possess or be able to obtain the ICC Plans Examiner within six (6) months of employment;
- Must possess or be able to obtain the following certifications within 12 months of employment:
ICC Certified Commercial, Building, Mechanical, and Electrical Inspector;
IAPMO Certified Plumbing Inspector.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Thorough knowledge of State and local codes and ordinances applicable to building, plumbing, electrical, and/or mechanical building standards; and
- A high level of customer service experience; and
- Ability to operate a computer and related programs such as Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook; and
- Thorough knowledge of methods and techniques of construction including carpentry, electrical, concrete, mechanical, or plumbing;
- Substantial knowledge of structural engineering practices;
- For a more thorough list of required knowledge, skills, and abilities refer to the class specification located in the link below.
FAIR LABOR STANDARDS ACT STATUS: Non-Exempt
WORK WEEK: Typically M-F, 8am-5pm
- Complete a City of Bozeman Application online;
- Attach a Resume and Cover Letter.
- INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED! PLEASE BE SURE TO COMPLETE THE APPLICATION ENTIRELY AND SUBMIT ALL REQUESTED DOCUMENTS!