CITY OF BOZEMAN:
Below is a list of vacancies the City of Bozeman is currently recruiting to fill. Click on the position title to view the full description of the position, duties, pay and how to apply.
For information regarding Police and Fire Department hiring please click on the following links:
The City of Bozeman is partnering with the U.S. Census Bureau to ensure a complete count for the 2020 Census. They have numerous flexible opportunities available: part-time, intermittent, and work-from-home. For more information please go to: https://www.2020census.gov/jobs
- Type:Full Time
- Salary/Pay Rate:$16.91 - $19.89/hour depending on experience and qualifications
- Posted Date:01/22/2019 9:48 AM
- Deadline to Apply:02/24/2019 11:58 PM
In this career-oriented role you will perform work in the construction, maintenance, and repair of the City streets.
This is an excellent full-time career opportunity with progressive on the job training for advancement opportunities, longevity pay, and a potential for promotion to Leadworker or Foreman status, (dependent upon experience, performance, and openings within the department.) The City of Bozeman strives to develop professional Streets Operators and will assist you in obtaining a CDL with endorsements if you do not currently possess one.
As a City of Bozeman employee, you will be part of a team that is committed to impacting and serving the community. This great opportunity also provides enrollment in an established retirement system with significant employer contribution, generous vacation and sick time accruals, and excellent medical, dental and vision benefits!
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- High School Diploma or GED; and
- 1-3 years manual labor experience; and
- 1-3 years of experience in the operation and maintenance of heavy equipment, machinery, and power/hand tools.
- At least one year of experience with concrete/asphalt;
- At least one year of experience with computers (Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and database management systems preferred);
- Class A CDL preferred, but not required (the City will assist you with obtaining this requirement upon hire)
- NOTE: Please review the full job description for required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
REQUIRED SPECIAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- Must have a valid Driver’s License at the time of hire;
- Offers for employment are conditional upon satisfactory responses to an extensive criminal background check, driving record check, and internet search;
- Pre-employment CDL physical and drug testing will be required.
REQUIRED CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Must have a valid Driver’s License and must obtain a valid Montana Driver’s license within 60 days of employment;
- Must have valid Montana Commercial Driver’s License Type 2, Class A (without airbrake restriction) or the ability to obtain one within six (6) months of employment;
- Must have Montana CDL Tanker and Combination endorsements or the ability to obtain the endorsements within six (6) months of employment.
FAIR LABOR STANDARDS ACT STATUS: Non-Exempt
WORK WEEK: Typically Monday-Friday, 3:00am – noon in the winter and 8am-5pm in the summer
- Complete a City of Bozeman application online;
- Attach a Resume and Cover Letter.
- INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED; PLEASE BE SURE TO COMPLETE THE APPLICATION ENTIRELY AND SUBMIT ALL REQUESTED DOCUMENTS.