Below is a list of vacancies the City of Bozeman is currently recruiting to fill. Click on the position title to view the Position Vacancy Announcement, which gives a full description of the position, duties, pay and how to apply.
Historic Preservation Specialist
- Type:Full Time
- Salary/Pay Rate:$21.0404 - $24.7558/hour depending on experience and qualifications
- Posted Date:05/30/2017
- Deadline to Apply:06/30/2017
The City of Bozeman is seeking a Historic Preservation Specialist to coordinate the City’s Historic Preservation program. This includes, but is not limited to, coordinating grant applications, consultant contracts and volunteer advisory boards, implementing public policy related to historic preservation, identifying and executing studies pertaining to historic preservation, and acting as an advisor to historic preservation related organizations and other members of the public to promote historic preservation.
This is a full-time opportunity with many benefits! As a City of Bozeman employee, you will be part of a team that is committed to impacting and serving the community. This great opportunity also provides enrollment in an established retirement system with significant employer contribution, generous vacation and sick time accruals, and excellent medical/dental/vision benefits.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Architectural History, Archeology, Architecture, Planning, or a closely related field; and
- Considerable (3-5 years) experience in architectural planning, historic preservation; and
- Any combination of experience and training which provides the equivalent scope of knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to perform the work.
- Satisfaction of the Secretary of the Interior’s Professional Qualification Standards for Architectural History or Historic architecture is preferred and will be required as a condition of continued employment.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships within the public and private sectors; commissions, city officials, community organizations, citizens and the media;
- Thorough knowledge of the principles and best practices of historic preservation;
- Thorough knowledge of federal historic preservation laws and standards, including the Secretary of the Interior’s Standards for Rehabilitation and the National Register Criteria for Evaluation;
- For a more thorough list of required knowledge, skills, and abilities please refer to the job description.
BARGAINING UNIT: Montana Public Employees Association (MPEA)
FAIR LABOR STANDARDS ACT STATUS: Non-Exempt
WORK WEEK: Typically M-F, 8:00am - 5:00pm with some evening meetings required
SUPERVISOR: Policy and Planning Manager
- Complete a City of Bozeman Application online;
- Attach a Cover Letter and Resume.
- INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED. PLEASE BE SURE TO FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS, SUBMIT ALL REQUESTED MATERIALS, AND COMPLETE THE APPLICATION ENTIRELY.
Class Specification: 3015 Historic Preservation Specialist 01 2017