Below is a list of vacancies the City of Bozeman is currently recruiting to fill. Click on the position title to view the full description of the position, duties, pay and how to apply.
Stormwater Program Technician
- Type:Full Time
- Salary/Pay Rate:$18.143 - $21.3447/hour depending on experience and qualifications
- Posted Date:10/11/2017 11:04 AM
- Deadline to Apply:10/29/2017 5:00 PM
Do you enjoy developing creative solutions to solve complex problems, inspiring behavior change within various industries and community groups, and being a part of a high-energy team often found working outside the box? If so, the City of Bozeman’s Stormwater Division is seeking a Stormwater Program Technician to complete construction site compliance evaluation inspections, permit reviews, and field investigations critical in achieving its primary goals, which include complying with environmental regulations, improving waterway health, protecting public safety, and managing infrastructure. This position requires an employee who can work in a rapidly evolving setting, exercise independent professional judgment, and establish effective relationships with various internal and external audiences. This position performs work in a mix of office and field environments, with potential exposure to a variety of weather elements and personal risks.
The Stormwater Program Technician is a full-time opportunity with many benefits! As a City of Bozeman employee, you will be part of a team that is committed to positively affecting and serving the community. This great opportunity also provides enrollment in an established retirement system with significant employer contribution, generous vacation and sick time accruals, and excellent medical, dental and vision benefits.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- High School Diploma or GED; and
- At least two years-experience in land resource management, environmental science, physical geography, construction administration, engineering, or a related field; or
- Any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the knowledge, skills and abilities necessary to perform the work.
- *For a list of required knowledge, skills, and abilities, please refer to the job description located in the link below.
REQUIRED SPECIAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- Valid Montana Class D Driver’s License (or equivalent); Must obtain Montana Class D Driver’s license within sixty (60) days of employment; and
- Offers for employment are conditional upon satisfactory response to appropriate post-conditional offer process.
BARGAINING UNIT: Montana Public Employee's Association (MPEA)
FAIR LABOR STANDARDS ACT STATUS: Non-Exempt
WORK WEEK: Typically Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm with some occasional evening work required for meetings and events
- Complete a City of Bozeman Application online;
- Attach a Cover Letter and Resume;
- INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED! PLEASE BE SURE TO COMPLETE THE APPLICATION ENTIRELY AND SUBMIT ALL REQUESTED DOCUMENTS!
Class Specification: 5340 Stormwater Program Technician 10 2017