Below is a list of vacancies the City of Bozeman is currently recruiting to fill. Click on the position title to view the full description of the position, duties, pay and how to apply.
Finance Services Clerk
- Type:Full Time
- Salary/Pay Rate:$14.1733 - $16.6745/hour depending on experience and qualifications
- Posted Date:10/02/2017 11:09 AM
- Deadline to Apply:10/30/2017 5:00 PM
In this essential role within the City’s Finance Department, the Finance Services Clerk performs a variety of specialized duties in support of the maintenance of the City’s financial records and collection of parking tickets. The person in this role must provide exceptional customer service, in person at the front counter and over the telephone, while also maintaining multiple technical databases.
In this position you will administer the collection of parking tickets and issuance permits, and educate the public on applicable laws, regulations, appeals, and enforcement policies. You will serve as the secretary for the Parking Commission, attending meetings and preparing minutes. You will enter and maintain records of miscellaneous accounts receivables and prepare invoices and statements, reconcile and balance the central cash registers, and prepare bank deposits. You will perform various clerical functions including answering the main phone line for the city, processing various payments and permits at the front counter, going to the bank and running other errands, and processing incoming and outgoing mail for the City. You will also be a back-up for the other Finance Department personnel as needed, and assist with special projects as assigned.
This position requires that you have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a high level of customer interaction, multi-task and prioritize, possess good analytical and problem solving skills, and good grammar and writing skills.
An employee in this position must establish and maintain effective working relationships with the assigned supervisor, other City employees, and the general public including ones who are angry, emotional or disagreeable. Must be able to 10-key at least 100 strokes per minute on a test and be able to quickly learn the accounting software programs, policies and procedures of the department. For more information please refer to the Job Description located in the link below.
This is a full-time opportunity with benefits! As a City of Bozeman employee, you will be part of a team that is committed to impacting and serving the community. This great opportunity also provides enrollment in an established retirement system, with significant employer contribution, generous vacation and sick time accruals, and excellent medical/dental/vision benefits.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Associate’s Degree in Accounting, Business Administration or a related field; and
- One-three years of experience in customer service, bookkeeping, general office procedures, database management, and accounts receivable;
- OR Any combination of experience and training which provides the equivalent scope of knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to perform the work.
REQUIRED SPECIAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- 10-Key – the ability to enter at least 100 SPM is desired (10-key test can be taken at your local job service);
- Experience with handling money;
- Offers for employment are conditional upon satisfactory response to a criminal background check and thorough reference checks.
BARGAINING UNIT: Montana Public Employees Association (MPEA)
WORK WEEK: Typically M-F 8am-5pm
- Complete a City of Bozeman Application online;
- Attach a Cover Letter and Resume;
- Attach 10-key test results (10-key tests can be taken at your local Job Service);
- Attach a completed Supplemental Form (located in the link below). Tip for Applicants: Before starting the application, download and save the form to your computer; you will attach it to the application.
- INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS MATERIALS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED; PLEASE BE SURE TO SUBMIT ALL REQUESTED DOCUMENTS AND COMPLETE THE APPLICATION ENTIRELY!
Supplemental Questionnaire: Finance Services Clerk Supplement
Class Specification: 2050 Finance Services Clerk 05 2015