Below is a list of vacancies the City of Bozeman is currently recruiting to fill. Click on the position title to view the full description of the position, duties, pay and how to apply.
- Type:Part Time
- Salary/Pay Rate:$13.31 - $15.66/hour depending on experience and qualifications
- Posted Date:10/09/2017 1:22 PM
- Deadline to Apply:10/23/2017 5:00 PM
The City of Bozeman is seeking a part-time Custodian to perform a full range of custodial, cleaning, and light maintenance duties in City buildings, facilities, and adjacent grounds. The primary duties and location of this position will be at the Bozeman Public Library. The ideal candidate will have the ability to create and maintain effective relationships with other City employees, particularly Library staff, and Library patrons.
This is an excellent part-time opportunity with many benefits. As a City of Bozeman employee, you will be part of a team that is committed to impacting and serving the community. This great opportunity also provides enrollment in an established retirement system with significant employer contribution, generous vacation and sick time accruals, and excellent medical, dental and vision benefits which are provided with a 50% subsidy from the City.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- High School Diploma or GED; and
- 1-3 years of custodial or building maintenance experience; or
- Any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the knowledge, skills and abilities necessary to perform the work.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Working knowledge of and the ability to use hand tools and equipment to perform minor maintenance and custodial tasks;
- Working knowledge of proper cleaning methods and the safe usage of cleaning materials, disinfectants, custodial tools and equipment;
- Working knowledge of minor maintenance tasks such as changing lamps, furniture assembly and repair, light plumbing/bathroom fixture maintenance;
- Customer service and communication skills.
- Please review the full job description for required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
BARGAINING UNIT: Teamsters
FAIR LABOR STANDARDS ACT STATUS: Non-Exempt
WORK WEEK: 20 hours/week; typically Tuesday-Friday, 2pm-6pm and Saturday, 1pm-5pm
- Complete a City of Bozeman application online;
- Attached a Cover Letter and Resume.
- INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED, PLEASE BE SURE TO INCLUDE ALL REQUIRED DOCUMENTS AND COMPLETE THE APPLICATION ENTIRELY.
Class Specification: 5122 Facilities Custodian 03 2016