Below is a list of vacancies the City of Bozeman is currently recruiting to fill. Click on the position title to view the full description of the position, duties, pay and how to apply.
Lifeguard and Swim Instructor III
- Type:Full Time
- Salary/Pay Rate:$13.1596 - $15.4846/hour depending on experience and qualifications
- Posted Date:08/04/2017 4:25 PM
- Deadline to Apply:10/18/2017 5:00 PM
In this fundamental role within the City Swim Department, the Lifeguard Instructor III performs lifeguarding duties, provides direction to the Lifeguard Instructor I and II’s, ensures patron safety at the aquatic facilities, both indoors and outdoors, provides aquatics programs instruction, and assists in the maintenance, upkeep, and custodial duties of the pool facilities, tests chemicals and responds to protocol to help maintain water balance, and manages the facilities in the absence of upper management.
This is a full-time career opportunity with progressive on the job training and excellent benefits! As a City of Bozeman employee, you will be part of a team that is committed to impacting and serving the community. This great opportunity also provides enrollment in an established Retirement System with significant employer contribution, generous vacation and sick time accruals, and excellent medical/dental/vision benefits.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- High School Diploma or equivalent; AND
- Some (1-3 years) experience in supervision, pool chemistry, teaching aquatics programs/lessons, and lifeguarding; AND
- Must either possess current certifications or have expired certifications in the following:
o Lifeguarding/First Aid;
o Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation/Automated External Defibrillator (CPR/AED);
o Water Safety Instructor (WSI) certification
o NOTE: If your certifications are not current you will be provided with on the job training to obtain them.
- OR any combination of experience and training which provides the equivalent scope of knowledge, skills and abilities necessary to perform the work.
REQUIRED SPECIAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- Must possess a valid Driver’s License and must obtain a Montana Driver’s License within 60 days of employment;
- As a condition of continued employment:
o Must obtain Certified Pool Operator (CPO) or Aquatic Facility Operator (AFO) License within one (1) year of employment;
- Offers for employment are conditional upon the following:
o Demonstration of current Lifeguarding/First Aid and CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer techniques;
o Satisfactory completion of a Swim Test; and
o Satisfactory responses to the appropriate post conditional offer process.
BARGAINING UNIT: Montana Public Employees Association (MPEA)
FAIR LABOR STANDARDS ACT STATUS: Non-Exempt
WORK WEEK: 40 hours/week, varied schedule to include some weekend/evening work
SUPERVISOR: Aquatics Manager or Assistant Manager
- Complete a City of Bozeman application online;
- Attach a resume and cover letter.
- INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED. PLEASE BE SURE TO COMPLETE THE APPLICATION ENTIRELY AND SUBMIT ALL REQUESTED DOCUMENTS!
Class Specification: 4140 Lifeguard Instructor III 09 2015