Below is a list of vacancies the City of Bozeman is currently recruiting to fill. Click on the position title to view the Position Vacancy Announcement, which gives a full description of the position, duties, pay and how to apply.
- Type:Full Time
- Salary/Pay Rate:$18.14 - $21.34/hour depending on experience and qualifications
- Posted Date:07/14/2017 8:55 AM
- Deadline to Apply:07/30/2017 5:00 PM
The Neighborhood Coordinator performs a variety of functions associated with facilitating the resolution of neighborhood concerns and issues, including, but not limited to, encouraging cooperation and communication between neighborhoods and the City, researching special projects or assignments, and developing and instituting neighborhood programs and events. This position requires the ability to create and maintain effective relationships with the City management office, other City officials and employees, Neighborhood associations, and the general public. Excellent customer service skills are required.
This is an excellent full-time career opportunity with many benefits. As a City of Bozeman employee, you will be part of a team that is committed to impacting and serving the community. This great opportunity also provides enrollment in an established retirement system with significant employer contribution, generous vacation and sick time accruals, and excellent medical, dental and vision benefits!
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s Degree; and
- At least two years of experience in community development or public administration; or
- Any combination of experience and training which provides the equivalent scope of knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to perform the work.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Experience coordinating cross-functional teams including citizens and volunteers, community organizations, and projects;
- Some knowledge of community development, public administration, and the functions of local government;
- Proficiency using a computer and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook);
- Basic web editing experience;
- Experience and formal training in mediation and/or facilitation preferred;
- Experience organizing/coordinating volunteers is preferred;
- Public speaking experience preferred.
REQUIRED SPECIAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- Must possess a current Class D Montana Valid Drivers’ license or must have the ability to obtain a valid Montana Drivers’ license within 60 days of employment;
- Offers for employment are conditional upon satisfactory response to appropriate post conditional offer process.
BARGAINING UNIT: Montana Public Employees Association (MPEA)
FAIR LABOR STANDARDS ACT STATUS: Non-Exempt
WORK WEEK: Generally M-F 8:00am - 5:00pm. Some regular evening and weekend work is required for events and meetings.
SUPERVISOR: City Manager
- Complete a City of Bozeman Application online;
- Attach a cover letter and resume.
- INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED, PLEASE BE SURE TO INCLUDE ALL REQUIRED DOCUMENTS AND COMPLETE THE APPLICATION ENTIRELY.
Class Specification: 1145 Neighborhood Coordinator 07 2017