City Commission Meeting
- Date: 04/15/2019 6:00 PM - 10:00 PM
- Location: City Hall - Commission Room
121 N Rouse Ave
Bozeman, Montana 59715
THE CITY COMMISSION MEETING OF BOZEMAN, MONTANA
Monday, April 15, 2019
A. Call to Order – 6:00 PM - Commission Room, City Hall, 121 North Rouse
B. Pledge of Allegiance and a Moment of Silence
C. Changes to the Agenda
E. Commission Disclosures
- Authorize Payment of Accounts Payable Claims for Goods and Services (LaMeres)
- Authorize the City Manager to Sign an Overhead Electric Powerline Easement with Northwestern Corporation dba Northwestern Energy for the Trail Corridor Adjacent to New Hyalite View Subdivision (Gamradt)
- Authorize the City Manager to Sign an Agreement with Central Excavation, Inc. for Construction of the BMX Park Storm Improvements (Mehrens)
- Authorize the City Manager to Sign Amendment Number 1 to the Professional Services Agreement with LoganSimpson for Professional Services in Support of the Growth Policy Update (Saunders)
- Authorize the City Manager to Sign Amendment Number 1 to the Professional Services Agreement with Morrison-Maierle, Inc. for 2018-2021 Materials Testing (Gamradt)
- Ratify the City Manager's Signature on a Professional Services Agreement with Morrison-Maierle, Inc. for Engineering Services and Mitigation Management Services Related to Bogert Pavilion (Gray)
- Ordinance 2018 Final Adoption, Nexus Point Zone Map Amendment to Designate Approximately 20.18 Acres as R-O, Residential Office, Located at 3747 South 19th Avenue, Application 18449 (Rosenberg)
Consider the motion: I move to approve Consent Items 1-7 as submitted.
G. Public Comment - Please state your name and address in an audible tone of voice for the record. This is the time to comment on any matter falling within the scope of the Bozeman City Commission. There will also be time in conjunction with each agenda item for public comment relating to that item but you may only speak once. Please note, the City Commission cannot take action on any item which does not appear on the agenda. All persons addressing the City Commission shall speak in a civil and courteous manner and members of the audience shall be respectful of others. Please limit your comments to three minutes.
H. Special Presentation
- Heather Nold, Mayoral Mentee, Project Summary
I. Action Items
- Continue the Public Hearing on Resolution 5030, Approving a Project in the Northeast Urban Renewal District as an Urban Renewal Project, Making Findings with Respect Thereto and Approving the Use of Tax Increment Revenues or Tax Increment Revenue Bonds to Pay, Reimburse or Finance Eligible Costs Thereof; Approving a Related Development Agreement; and Making a Reimbursement Declaration; Known as Cottonwood and Ida, from April 15, 2019 to April 22, 2019 (Fine)
Consider the motion: I hereby continue the public hearing on Resolution 5030, from April 15, 2019 to April 22, 2019.
- Resolution 5005, a Growth Policy Amendment to Adopt the 2019 Downtown Bozeman Improvement Plan as a Neighborhood Plan Under the City’s Growth Policy (Bozeman Community Plan), Application 18197 (Saunders/Naumann)
Consider the motion: Having reviewed and considered the application materials, public comment, and all information presented, I hereby move to adopt the findings presented in the staff report and adopt Resolution 5005, adopting the Downtown Bozeman Improvement Plan as a growth policy amendment, application 18197.
- Water and Wastewater Rate Study Final Report (Donald)
Consider the motion: I move to adopt the rate model for inclusion in the budget and rate setting.
- Resolution 5031, Declaring Broadband as Essential Infrastructure in the City of Bozeman (Fontenot)
Consider the motion: I move to adopt Resolution 5031, Declaring Broadband as Essential Infrastructure in the City of Bozeman.
J. FYI / Discussion
City Commission meetings are open to all members of the public. If you have a disability that requires assistance, please contact our ADA Coordinator, Mike Gray, at 582-3232 (TDD 582-2301).
Commission meetings are televised live on cable channel 190 and streamed live at www.bozeman.net. City Commission meetings are re-aired on cable Channel 190 Wednesday night at 4 p.m., Thursday at noon, Friday at 10 a.m. and Sunday at 2 p.m.
In order for the City Commission to receive all relevant public comment in time for this City Commission meeting, please submit via www.bozeman.net or by emailing email@example.com no later than 3:00 PM on the day of the meeting. Public comment may be made in person at the meeting as well.